Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Children of Bodom in Toronto

Follow the reaper, DonP.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

LOL!!! cookie monster vocals LOL!!!

I can't wait for this to become "out of fashion". I can't stand the cookie monster.

Comment

It's worth it though. The playing is great... so good in fact that I'm gonna look at picking up a few more CD's from them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I can't wait for this to become "out of fashion". I can't stand the cookie monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

its an underground phenom so there will always be enough of us that like it to keep it going. Been going strong since Possessed around 1988. So don't get your hopes up.

Comment

Saw them last night here in San Diego. All 3 bands were excellent (IMO). As mentioned already, Alexi played great. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            While playing a lead on their 2nd song, some jerk threw something at Alexi's face. He stopped for a second then after the song he said "F to that a-hole who threw something in my face; F you (with the finger)". He got over it and continued on. I noticed he spits a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
            BTW: No one played a strat-shaped guitar (all 3 bands). [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Did the other guy in COB play that ESP star? That guitar was sweet! I love the old school Kramer headstock it had.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its an underground phenom so there will always be enough of us that like it to keep it going. Been going strong since Possessed around 1988. So don't get your hopes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

When underground stuff becomes a little too commonplace (i.e. hair metal, disco, grunge, Metallica) usually there is a backlash and something new comes along.

Kids stop liking stuff if there parents start liking it too. I learned this from watching South Park [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Did the other guy in COB play that ESP star? That guitar was sweet! I love the old school Kramer headstock it had.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Yes he did and it was black. He never changed his guitar all through the show. Alexi switched between the white and the black RR1 COPY ESP sig every after 2 songs!

Comment

The first album is hard to find and exsepensive for becuase i live in Canada and its an import. I'm hoping to see them again Dec 12 but i think its sold out plus its a monday and unfortinatly for me i have to go to school! Buti owuld deffinatly go again even though i didn't like trvium that much BODOM is wicked!

Comment

Children of Bodom has cookie monster vocals? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You old guys are funny. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Whenever the singer is screaming instead of singing, I classify that at cookie monster vocals.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Yes he did and it was black. He never changed his guitar all through the show. Alexi switched between the white and the black RR1 COPY ESP sig every after 2 songs!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats wierd. cuz some of their songs are in drop tuning, and some standard. roopey would have had to changed guitars sometimes. wierd!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats wierd. cuz some of their songs are in drop tuning, and some standard. roopey would have had to changed guitars sometimes. wierd!

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably is so bored now with playing only rhythm guitar that he takes it as a challenge to play all songs with the guitar in the lowest tuning. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

He has two of those stars and they are both black. One has gold hardware and the other has chrome hardware. Other than that they are exactly the same. On a dark stage, he may have switched and you might not have even noticed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Whenever the singer is screaming instead of singing, I classify that at cookie monster vocals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cookie Monster vocals are growling or guttural! Children of Bodom hasn't had those since the days of Inearthed. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Nit-picking rules! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X