Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those of you interested: James Hetfield (K

really? that's new to me.

btw, TGE was 2 tracks of a 94' dual recto, and 2 tracks of a krank revolution, both boosted by a maxon od 808 (similar to a tubescreamer)

"No, please don't make fun of my knowledge of Metallica's gear, that's about the only subject I'm sensitive about and I'll rip your eyes out if you laugh again..."
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

now come and try..... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well someone mentioned Loomis used a Krank in combo with some MB on the latest album or whatever. It sounded good. Thanks for the specifics on that. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

It was a tongue-in-cheek remark, notice the smiley? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

of course, i just shot back [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] notice the " [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] "

btw, iirc for TGE both heads were used with a mesa boogie rectifier cab, v30 speakers.

interesting side note: arch enemy - doomsday machine features the exact same setup, except for the cabs which was the abovementioned for the boogie and the krank cab for the revolution head.

and of course, different players [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

V30's are essential for a perfect metalsound, imho, they add a certain warmth and power to the tone. So it seems logical they used them on there.

Comment

i hate v30's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yes, they cut through better than the 75w celestions, but also have a way too harsh top end and high midrange. imho

Comment

We have so much in common, Fragle! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I heard a Krank Revolution for the first time last night...Based on the reviews here I haven't even been interested in giving them a shot.

Well...The fuckin thing sounded great! It made me think of a recto with more note definition. The other guitarist in his band was using a recto so it was easy to compare them. The Krank sounded way more aggressive than the recto and he was just testing it out so, he only had a little time to play with it. There was an Uber there too but, it didn't stand out the way he had it dialed in.

The whole night I hear two tone compliments and that was this Krank and my XXX. Now I'm sure others heard comps on their tone too but, the Krank got most.

Amps…
                Duel Rectifier into a Marshall 1960
                Krank Revolution into a matching Krank cab
                Peavey XXX into my crappy Behringer
                Bogner Uber into a matching Bogner cab
                Genz Benz Diablo into a Riviara cab
                Behringer V-Ampire into a matching cab

All I can say is that Krank stood out in a good way and I had to eat my words cuz I told Steve it would probably sound like crap due no one has given it a good review. This band was tight too…Oh, and the clean on this amp was the nicest I heard all night too…ha ha…I swear this is true.

Of course the other amps could have been dialed in better but, the Krank just sounded mean and defined.

I just don't think people are getting a good reprsentaion of these and othe ramps in their local stores...

With my XXX I recently discovered when playing above bedroom levels it you need to turn all the eqing right off, crank the ch volume the use the master to set your level…Just turn it up a bit the start bringing your hi, low and mid up just a little at a time…This turns into a different amp…You will find you don’t even get anything near the 12 O clock position and the amp roars! Just thought I’d share that with you cuz I have been disappointed with it at rehearsal and finally found some good info on how to actually use this amp. So the higher you set the ch volume the more responsive the eq.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Comment

Krank would be the PERFECT amp for St. Anger 2 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That might be so, I hope the next album is not in the same vein as St Anger... Master Of Puppets 2 please. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i'd like a justice for all take two
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Why is it so unbelieveable that Hetfeild would be using the Kranks?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Why is it so unbelieveable that Hetfeild would be using the Kranks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because everyone says they are junk.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

i see he still uses the JC120 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Aye, the Roland is still in there for the cleans, has been forever.

Zeegler, it's fairly sure Krank has a seperate line for big shots and the normal retail stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X