Dio w Uriah Heep and Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio w Uriah Heep and Asia

Got my ticket for Dio in Oslo on December 4th, gonna be awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I have gotten really into his music for the last couple of years, and the Evil or Divine DVD looks to me like they put on a killer live performance too! Gotta love Aldrich's style [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Never heard about Asia though, are they any good? and what are cool Uriah Heep albums (if there is such a thing)I can listen to in advance so I know what the hell they are on about? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Dio w Uriah Heep and Asia

That's the weirdest bill I've seen in a loooong time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Asia is 80s cheeze pop and Uriah Heep is 70s classic rock.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

fuck thats a wierd lineup.....

Yeah to be fair there's not much classic in terms of uriah heep....other than their song easy livin imo. Asia are cool \m/

Comment

Uriah Heep Rocks!
        Asia....doesn't.
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Uriah Heep was cool, I listened to em when I was a little kid. Shit who's in the band now?
          Asia was one of the biggest disappointments EVER. Great lineup, was supposed to be this supergroup and they put out some of the most suckass music I ever had the privelge to buy and throw away. That really sucks casuse Steve Howe is one of my all time favorite guitar players. I hope he's not touring with them.
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I saw Asia back in '82 or whatever because I was a huge Steve Howe fan. I couldn't believe how that talented a group of guys could put on one of the most boring shows ever. All I remember about it was that they had a juggler for an opening act, & I broke up w/ my girlfriend after the show. She was damn hot, too. I blame Asia. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My dad saw Asia this summer in Sandusky (I know he's a dad, but he's very cool, took me to see Van Halen when I was in high school, and plays guitar). He said they were okay; not real heavy. Chris Slade, who drummed with AC/DC once upon a time, was the only guy that he recognized in the band.....

Comment

Saw Heep on their first tour and it was HEAVY for that time best I remember it was 1970.Mick Box played a beat to sh*t L.P.custom and totally rocked.Ken Hensley's (keyboards)influence can be heard everywhere from WASP to Bon Jovi.
                Ken is a super nice guy too.
                Get the first Heep album/cd.Black/silver cover with some kind of weird creature on it.
                I bought a copy of the album at the show and it was titled "very heavy very humble".I have bought several copies over the years and and they only had Uriah Heep on the cover and sides.Why I don't know.
                It is some great music.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  My dad saw Asia this summer in Sandusky (I know he's a dad, but he's very cool, took me to see Van Halen when I was in high school, and plays guitar). He said they were okay; not real heavy. Chris Slade, who drummed with AC/DC once upon a time, was the only guy that he recognized in the band.....

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to add a disclaimer regarding your dad. There are alot of cool dads out there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah my dad is well cool he gave me all of Dio's albums with Rainbow in MINT condition on LP i even got the live one with him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] not to mention Pat travers, Ted Nugent, Deep Purple, Whitesnake and Led Zep all on LP \m/

Comment

Uriah Heep were amazing in their day. their albums Demons & Wizards, and The Magician's Birthday still hold up great. I encourage you younger guys who've never heard them to check that shit out and see what you've been missing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

that said, not sure I'd go to see whatever current iteration of this band is now playing around. their original singer died of alcoholism in the late 70's, and they've never been much good since that happened. but their first 4-5 albums were kickass back in the day.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The only time I've heard of Asia is from seeing Dwayne the bully in degrassi junior high wear a sleeveless Asia t-shirt. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The only time I've heard of Asia is from seeing Dwayne the bully in degrassi junior high wear a sleeveless Asia t-shirt. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is Asia's best contribution by far to popular culture:

http://www.asiarock.com/categories/clips.html

Comment

Anyone recall Uriah Heep's rhythm section and a certain album they played on in 1980?

Comment

Working...
                              X