Dio w Uriah Heep and Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dio w Uriah Heep and Asia

Well, everybody knows what Kerslake was doing in 1980 but I don't recall Bob Daisley being in Heep.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yep both of those guys were on the road with uriah when the news came about Randy's death.They said the stayed up all night ordering drinks Randy used to like.

Comment

Following their unceremonious departure from Ozzy's band, Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake reappeared in Lee's old stomping grounds, Uriah Heep, in the spring of 1981. They immediately got down to the business of recording the album Abominog, with a lineup that included original guitarist Mick Box, ex-Trapeze vocalist Peter Goalby and keyboard player John Sinclair

Comment

Abominog was an "ok" album. But the album cover totally kicked ass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I hated the music and the cover too.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I saw U.H. open for Cheap Trick in 82. That was my first concert.
              I'd say they were like Deep Purple, but without Blackmore (probably because of the distorted Hammond B3 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just got back from Oslo, and the show last night was really good. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I was having dinner and a couple of beers at a steakhouse when Asia was playing, so I didn't get to see them.
                I arrived at the show during set change, and then Uriah Heep went on to play for 1 hour. They rocked out really well, and apart from a couple of sound problems during the opening song, they played pretty tight for their whole set.
                I thought it was cool the way they use a lot of vocal harmonies over their chorus parts.
                They actually got pretty heavy too, especially the song "Gypsy Queen" which is one of the few ones I have heard before coming to the show.
                Their guitar player had a pretty cool style, and I was impressed by their drummer too who played really well (even though he was huge! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

so an hour later and a full set change completed (fastest set change I've ever seen) and the main attraction was ready...Dio the man himself!
                His voice was awesome, didn't hit a bad note, and sounded REALLY strong. He is just amazing. The rest of the band sounded great too, and all looked like they were having a great time. It was cool to see Aldrich do his thing.
                He played 3 different guitars for the night, a black Fender Strat (beat to shit) with maple/maple and H/S/S, a Goldtop Les Paul and a black Les Paul (really nice)

They didn't have time to play the full Holy Diver set like they have been doing lately, but they still played half of it. From what I can recall the set was like this:

Tarot Woman
                Stand up and shout
                Holy Diver
                Gypsy
                Caught in the middle
                Don't talk to strangers
                Rainbow in the dark
                The Eyes
                Heaven and Hell
                Man on the silver mountain
                Long live rock'n'roll
                drum solo
                guitar solo
                We Rock

(The songs after the Holy Diver ones aren't listed chronologically cause I don't recall. I may have forgotten a couple more too...)

The only disappointment was that they left out The Last in Line...other than that, they simply shattered my expecations, and blew the roof off that place.
                It's a shame that I didn't bring a camera, cause I would've gotten excellent photos from where I was standing [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

- Rune

Comment

did Bernie Shaw singed in Heep, I saw them a couple of years a go, that dude looks almost like DLR.
                  o-yeah, Kerslake the drummer kicks ass, he has played with Ozzy and shit too, he is pretty chubby now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

damn, was that LEE KERSLAKE?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] haha, that's even cooler!
                    I don't know the name of the singer, but he did indeed look like DLR...long blonde hair and a very nice attitude.
                    They rocked!

Comment

yeah he is a great frontman with real attitude, I remember that a lot of girls wet themselves when they saw him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I saw Dio many many times here in atlanta....he was awesome back in the day....havent seen him since the 80's when he has Vivian Campbell....that fucker was awesome...

Comment

Saw Dio here in MPLS. He was the headliner.

There was an opening act, then get this...Yngwie!

Then Dio. Yngwie sounded terrible but I have seen him with the G3 tour when he sounded good.

Always liked Dio - just has that pounding voice.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

here's the correct setlist:

Tarot Woman
                            Voodoo
                            The Eyes
                            Stand Up And Shout
                            Holy Diver
                            Gypsy
                            Drum Solo
                            Caught In The Middle
                            Don't Talk To Strangers
                            Rainbow In The Dark
                            Guitar Solo / jam
                            Gates Of Babylon
                            Heaven And Hell
                            Man On The Silver Mountain/Catch The Rainbow/Long Live R'n'R
                            We Rock

Comment

That was the same lineup here one year...the only time I ever saw that Swedish guy...

Comment

I was just able to dig out how old Dio actually is, he was born on 10th of July in 1942 !! that makes him a whopping 63 years old!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                                that's an amazing feat, touring all these years, still on the road and especially his voice being stronger and better than ever!

people who brag about the rolling stones still going, oughta shove it! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X