Halford to play Dr X on new Queensryche cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halford to play Dr X on new Queensryche cd

JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford is strongly rumored to have been tapped to play the role of "Dr. X" on QUEENSRŸCHE's sequel to their platinum 1988 concept album, "Operation: Mindcrime", tentatively titled "Operation: Mindcrime II".

Although there has been no official announcement on the matter, a posting on QUEENSRŸCHE's official web site (dated Nov. 19) reads, "The band is confirming the singer who plays Dr. X by the end of next week. I think you'll be surprised, he is VERY well known and respected."

Re: Halford to play Dr X on new Queensryche cd

Bill Z Bub

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No, he's not gay enough to hang out with Geoff Tate for a few days. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        QUEENSRŸCHE's sequel to their platinum 1988 concept album, "Operation: Mindcrime", tentatively titled "Operation: Mindcrime II".

[/ QUOTE ]
        wow, what a creative title.

this cd better be good. I have been SOOOOO disappointed in QR ever since Empire that I have blown them off entirely since then. then in a moment of idiocy I bought Q2K and was reminded how a once great band can turn to total unmitigated shit in just a matter of a few years.

this cd better be good.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

That would be killer.
          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Rob being on the album will be cool but I don't think it's gonna save that thing. I've resigned myself to the fact that they suck now and will continue to suck.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Oh, come on. I agree that Queensryche's best stuff was it's pre-Empire catalog. But the newer stuff isn't shit, and they're still a damned good live band.

Comment

losing degarmo on the song writing has definitley hurt.

Comment

Yeah, losing Degarmo really hurt them and their stuff before Empire was definately their best work. But even their stuff after Empire is infinately better than most of the crap they try to pass off as music nowadays.

Comment

I like Promised Land and back as far as full albums go. After Promised Land there are a couple of songs here and there that are pretty good, but overall it is unlistenable to me. MCII better stand on its own for QR to have the balls to even call it MCII!

Comment

I don't think the problem was DeGarmo leaving. QR was sucking the big one while he was still in the band. Hear In The Now Frontier is garbage, and features DeGarmo. Also, everyone here seems to not like Promised Land (I love it though...) and that is a DeGarmo record as well...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I don't think the problem was DeGarmo leaving. QR was sucking the big one while he was still in the band. Hear In The Now Frontier is garbage, and features DeGarmo. Also, everyone here seems to not like Promised Land (I love it though...) and that is a DeGarmo record as well...

[/ QUOTE ]
                        exactly. deGarmo lost it like the rest of the band after Empire. some of those later albums with deGarmo on them were embarrassingly bad.

I can't think of one really great band (early on) that had a worse career trajectory as far as quality of music goes. they went off the cliff bigtime.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I think Metallica eventually hit a higher mark on the career suck-o-meter trajectory analysis...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I think Metallica eventually hit a higher mark on the career suck-o-meter trajectory analysis...

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be very hard to argue with that. No group has taken a harder fall in musical quality than Metallicorp.

Comment

I like 'Tribe'...

I know it's nothing like their best work but I think it's a good CD in its own right.

But if they're making a sequel to O:M it better be a METAL album. It has to be!

Comment

Working...
                              X