Theory in Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory in Practice

Just got into these guys, AMAZING STUFF! Does anyone know what gear they were usin' back in the day? The guitar tone on The Armageddon Theories is rockin'!

Re: Theory in Practice

Yeah, good stuff.
    I have no clue about the gear though...
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Love that band. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

TIP is some good shit. My favorite by them is Colonizing The Sun, great album to get high and space out to. I don't know why but listening to them I feel that their sound is very similar to where Death would have went if they continued.

As for gear. I know the guitar player used an Ibanez RG, dont ask me what model, I know nothing about Ibanez. Their bass player used a Samick too.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Don't know if this picture helps, you've probably seen it.

The guitar he's playing in that picture seems to be his main guitar, it looks kind of like a Jem knock off. I'm pretty sure the guitarist uses EMG 81s in both the bridge and neck positions though.

Comment

which picture? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

got em all...get Mutant too..members of TIP

and even better even IMO..is Symbyosis...which is my fave!

and Italy's Gory Blister..don't let the silly name fool ya..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

TIP rule, batshit insanity that works just perfect. After working out a fair bit of the title track off of colonizing the sun, including the major kickass endtro, I found a guitar pro file for it if anyone wants to get there sweep technique handed to them. I've been keen to hear that Mutant when I can find it too. I guess I'll have to shovel Symbyosis onto the want pile too, cheers horns!

Comment

That GP4 file of Colonizing the Sun is really well done! I found out what amp Peter Lake uses at least, some old ass Peavey Musician amp with a Boss DS-1 in front of it.

Comment

Bill, could you post those bands websites?

Hey, was I the only one who saw the Death thing in TIP?
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I dig them. I'm really partial to the first one, Third Eye Function. It has some great acoustic shredding that's sadly absent from the other stuff. I interviewed them years ago. Nice dudes. Mutant leans more to the black metal side, but they're still technical and similar to TIP. Bill, the new Symbiosis is out now. I haven't heard it yet, have you? There was a band called Cryopsis which was VERY similar to Symbiosis, though I thought even better! Never signed unfortunately. Gory Blister is a great band as well. Definitely don't neglect to check out Korum and Coprofago on Sekhmet Records too!

Scott
                      Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

HELL , NO I have NOT heard the new Symbyosis but will get ASAP!!..THANKS!!

Cryposis ...GREAT I will get it too..THANKS!!!

I have Korum and Coprofago...fago..that was a soda pop..Fago [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

These may ne some interest of for you giuys...no I'm not post all theior websites..

But I'll name the stuff.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If your looking for TRUE "chaotic" , awesome guitar playing let me throw you these...Cynic / Gory Blister / Theory in Practice / Symbyosis (my fave) / Capharnaum / Arsis / Sceptic / Coroner / Necropahgist / Lunaris / Farmakon / Apocrypha / Spastic ink / Watchtower / Spiral Architect / Sadus / Sadist / Winds / Helstar / Forbidden / Nevermore / Virtuosity / Artention / Mekong Delta / Haji's Kitchen / Demonoid / Wherewolfe / Ark / Mesuggah / Biomechanical / The Alarum / Symphony X / Caprofago / Majestic / Time requiem / Opus Alantica / Silver Seraph / Karmechanic / Zero Hour / Lemur Voice / Sun Caged / Hexenhouse / Atheist / Korum/ Control Denied / Space Oddessy / Death / Adagio / Believer / Tourniquet / Extol / Planet X w/ Tony Macalpine..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Do you keep that list on your clipboard so you can copy/paste it in every thread or something?

Comment

wel I just taking abut it two threads over,...and I figured I'd saved some time.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X