talkin' about SLAYER....amp setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talkin' about SLAYER....amp setup?

basically all i know is that jeff and kerry use jackson/esp/bcrich guitars and single channel jcm 800 2203 heads, and iirc shure uhf wireless systems. they're also using EMG loaded guitars.

but well, i can't see how the 2203 could possibly have this much gain, even when hitting the strings HARD and using EMGs?! anyone know if they use some overdrive, EQ or whatever in front of the amps? i know kerry has a 10 band mxr signature EQ, but normally that says nothing....e.g. randall warhead - dime never used them. zakk wylde mxr overdrive - zakk sticks to his trusty SD1 etc etc

so well, anybody got some (detailed?) info? i'm not a huge fan of their studio sounds - most of their albums sound thin and overly midrangey, except for reign in blood (but that one is 100% pure and raw marshall. my 2210 nails it stock without any outboard processing) - but they tend to have quite a nice live sound, esp. jeff.

thanks in advance

Re: talkin\' about SLAYER....amp setup?

I know Kerry is using EMG PA-2 as a gainbooster

Comment

I believe both Jeff and Kerry use the PA2 with their EMG pickups, Jeff uses two 81s, I believe Kerry uses an 81 and 85. They've both got old Boss RGE10 rack eqs, and they crank the midrange big time!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think Jeff uses EMG SPC that boosts mids, I don't know if he uses PA-2.

Comment

Comment

thanks for the replies so far, keep 'em coming!

FSU, is it possible to increase the size of those graphics?

Comment

I just noticed that it's really small ... maybe if you save it on your computer and zoom it ... I saved it on photobuckets so I can't make it any bigger

send me an email at [email protected]

and I'll send you the pics

Comment

Found some more info.
                http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/guitargear/King.html

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/guitargear/Hanneman.html

Comment

I've always wonderede, with such minimal gear, what could Kerry "really" use a patchmate an All Access pedal for?

Comment

LOL Yeah, really! He's got like, what, two or three sounds? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I mean, I don't have too many more sounds myself, and my "MidiMate" is actually sorta overkill in a slight way. Sadly, I can't really switch what I need any other way, so i have to use that. But it isn't like I'm using it for 5% of what it "could" do, hahaha....

I guess he must switch the EQ's in and out of the loop...

Wow... hehe... And I thought I was the king of overkill...

Comment

I know he has a tremelo pedal that's not listed at least....
                        What the hell is the name of that tune he uses it on?
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Jeff uses the Rocktron Surf Tremolo pedal on a few songs. Can't recall which ones at the moment. Great pedal! Here's mine.

Comment

I've talked to Kerry's tech on the phone. He uses the All Access, Marshalls, and the Boss eq with mids boosted.

Comment

cool stuff, folks, cool stuff.

yep, kerry using all access stuff is kinda weird. what does he use, a solo boost, the rack wah, and sometimes some fx, and thats it.
                              stuff like that seems to happen if you have a lot of $$$ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X