Slipknot Special Guest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipknot Special Guest...

So my band was playing last night at a club in downtown Des Moines and we had a "special guest" join us for the last song of the night. Corey Taylor, lead singer of Slipknot, got up and sang Run to the Hills with us.

For those of you that don't know, Slipknot is based here in the rock and roll capitol of the world, Des Moines, Iowa. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm not kidding you, the guy has an amazing voice and he friggin nailed the Maiden song. I'd never met him before but he was a super nice, down to earth guy.

Sorry the pic below isn't better, that is me on the right side of the picture (yes I'm playing an SL2H).

Re: Slipknot Special Guest...

thats sweet dude!!!! i hope you had a killer gig/night!

Comment

Thats fucking awesome, I'm not a big fan of slipknot cept a few songs, but thats killer having someone famous play with you guys. How did you guys manage to get him to do this?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Thats fucking awesome, I'm not a big fan of slipknot cept a few songs, but thats killer having someone famous play with you guys. How did you guys manage to get him to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was in there hanging out last night with his buds or whatever. And he was standing right up by the stage for like an hour just banging his head being a regular dude, but talk about intimidating for us.... [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

So anyway, to anwer your question we didn't ask him, he asked us. What were we gonna do, say no? Ha ha ha.

Comment

That's really cool!
          I hope something like that would happen to me, but since I don't have a band anymore, It's not very likely to happen.

Comment

Very cool indeed. He always come across as a decent guy, but it's cool to hear from someone who knows!
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

wow. realy WOW

my respect bar for those dudes just went up a notch. i was thinking that they're assholes galore (i'm not very much into the band), but that's just too cool
              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

How f'n cool is that?!!!
                Nice, it's always good to hear stories like this.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

totally cool story!!!

Comment

Congrats, that's really cool to have something like that happen. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Excellent! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

hey d. Corey loves to do that shit. You'll probably see him at the duece show. he got up with screaming peas last year and did bother. he'll probably get up with ya again if you let him.

Comment

Someone HAS to have a video or audio clip recorded... I always loved Corey Taylor's clean voice.

Comment

I love it!!! That is so cool.

Comment

awesome story..must have been cool having him next to you like that..and btw Run to the Hills is a killer song!
                              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X