anyone remember Lizzy Borden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone remember Lizzy Borden?

He was killed in a drunk driving accident on May 17, 2004. Sadly, he was the one drinking and driving. It's a shame. Great guitarist and J/C player.

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?Arti...2%3A54%3A09+PM
    Occupy JCF

Comment

ah. a shame.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

They used to play in my area all the time way back when.Boxcar,they opened in Beaumont for Yngwie when he was with Alcatraz(I think ) The gig was at Cardi's and most Cardi nights are a blur! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].Every time I saw them,they were pretty good,enjoyable show...................
        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I have all their stuff on vinyl and CD. I recently bought the remastered edition of "Visual Lies" with the bonus demo tracks on it. It's killer, just like all of Lizzy's stuff. Vastly underrated 80's metal for sure.

Comment

I've got Menace To Society on cassette somewhere. Gotta dig that out now! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

nnnnno santa....I wouldnt kick yer teeth out!

I say we kill em'!

Lizzy Kicks Ass - Murderess Metal!!

Comment

Love You To Pieces (1985) was one of their best. Both guitar players used custom shop Jacksons.

Comment

Used to see em live back in the day, on the Sunset Strip
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got their entire catalog on CD. They're all killer in their own way. I love their re-make of "Born To Be Wild" on the "Decline of Western Civilization" movie - good stuff!! J. Holmes & Gene Allen - WOW!!! The way the two guitarists worked with eachother on the melodic solos -- I still drop my jaw every time I listen to them. No one did it quite like they did. Now I need to go listen to them - I guess I know what I'll be doing at work tomorrow...

I also have "The Murderess Metal Road Show" on DVD - if you don't have this, I HIGHLY recommend you get it. Classic 80's CHEEEZZZEEE at it's best!!

Comment

Working...
                    X