Hey, Eric Clapton isn't bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Eric Clapton isn't bad

You know, I've never been a solo Clapton fan. All of the AOR shlock he turned out in the late 70's and 80's just annoyed me. However, I watched the Cream reunion last night on PBS and he was fantastic. All of them were, actually. He seemed more invigorated than any other time I've watched him perform. He should just stick with a trio and the occasional foray into acoustic blues. And that is my rant for today.

Re: Hey, Eric Clapton isn\'t bad

I taped it so I could watch it later. I saw a song or two and it looked pretty good.

I have so much stuff to watch and I can't find the time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jason

Comment

Whoa there was a Cream show on TV? Anyone record it?

Comment

It was the Royal Albert Hall show, which is available on DVD.

Comment

I watched that too. Freaking amazing players. Claptons lead style has always been a big influence on me and after watching that, I sat down and jammed for 3 hours. Felt fucking great.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Clapton's solo stuff can rip. Check out the solo from Forever Man...that has it all and tone to the bone.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I like the outro solo part on Holy Mother. Way cool.

Comment

Yep, some of Clapton's solo stuff is outstanding. If you like blues don't miss "From the Cradle". "Me and Mr. Johnson" isn't too bad either.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I watched that last night on PBS (of all places), and really enjoyed it. I was telling my dad (a much bigger Cream fan than I) that I basically knew the "big" Cream tunes, but it was cool to hear some of their other stuff. Very good for a bunch of old guys!

Comment

His solo on the unplugged version of Old Love is just nasty.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I'm still looking for the slower version of After Midnight from the Miller commercial. That solo had tons of tone in it [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

But how do you get good tone out of a Strat? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Dropping it off a 40 story building makes it sound great [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Newc,

I think the slow version of After Midnight is available in the original Crossroads box set.

Comment

Got the DVD and a New Signature Strat. Pretty Cool...the guitar tone goes from Strat to Humbucker with the twist of a knob. Nice neck too. Maybe Fender is learning something from Jackson?

Comment

Working...
                              X