Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey, Eric Clapton isn\'t bad

[ QUOTE ]
    But how do you get good tone out of a Strat?

[/ QUOTE ]

You plug it in and actually learn how to play (without hiding behind humbuckers and high gain) [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I just ordered tickets to see clapton next year.Can't wait! The cream stuff is the best stuff he did tough

Comment

Yeah I tuned in the other night
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You plug it in and actually learn how to play (without hiding behind humbuckers and high gain) [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] also change the stock pups if you have a cheaper strat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            His solo on the unplugged version of Old Love is just nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one who thought that. I love his phrasing when he chooses to play natural minor.

Comment

Yep- I was channel surfing the other night and stumbled across the show on one of the HD channels. Holy shit- the years have not been kind to Jack Bruce. He looked like the evil dude from He Man. He could still play a mean bass, though, and Clapton was amazing, as always. So classy- never hits a bad note. Truly amazing. Ginger Baker was great as well. Glad to have watched it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Got the DVD and a New Signature Strat.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Really? I'll have to look into that - didn't know they were including a guitar with the DVD purchase [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Good to hear the concert's worth checking out. I still dig Cream. I inherited all my dad's old Cream vinyl after his turntable bought the farm.

And yea, Jack's still got it. I picked up a Cuicoland Express DVD earlier in the year, with Vernon Reid on guitar & Bernie Worrell on keys. They did a couple of Cream tunes in amongst Jack's solo stuff. Very groovy
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+2 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Best post i've seen in weeks...
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was just about to say 'true'.

Comment

The good Strats are really smooth and fun to play.. even my old shitty Squire just has this "feel" to it, that made it cool to play.. I can only imagine what one of those Yngwie strats would feel like.. esp with his scallops heh

Comment

Oncw you have played a worn in, Pre-CBS Strat...you will never find a guitar that will live up.........
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                        X