Saw Gov't Mule in Boston...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Gov't Mule in Boston...

This band is great. Warren Haynes Jams! Les Paul through a Soldano and Marshall Plexi. If you like Jam Bands and Hard Rock...Played Livin Loving Maid, Thorazine Shuffle and old stuff from Warren Haynes solo stuff. Awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Saw Gov\'t Mule in Boston...

I saw them a couple of years ago. A great band, but I found them soooo incrdibly boring I couldn't take it!

Comment

They are great live. I'm not normally a fan of jam bands but their set lists are so diverse and the musicianship is just overwhelming.

Comment

Sounds like a cool gig. I've had the luxury of seeing them 4 or 5 times now, all in Boston. I actually haven't seen them in the last couple years since they have been playing the Orpheum, and I was so spoiled with seeing them at a bar/club like Avalon or the Paradise...nothing like have a few beers at the bar while watching a kick-ass performance.

The 1st time I saw them was at the now gone Mama Kin, owned by Aerosmith, which was cool as hell...Allen Woody (RIP), played a guitar/bass doubleneck where he used both during a jam session while Haynes had some sick solos.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Cool! I love them, been listening to the live set lately, The Deepest End (2 cds and a DVD, recorded with a bunch of different great bass players before they picked a replacement for Allen Woody).
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Sounds like a cool gig. I've had the luxury of seeing them 4 or 5 times now, all in Boston. I actually haven't seen them in the last couple years since they have been playing the Orpheum, and I was so spoiled with seeing them at a bar/club like Avalon or the Paradise...nothing like have a few beers at the bar while watching a kick-ass performance.

The 1st time I saw them was at the now gone Mama Kin, owned by Aerosmith, which was cool as hell...Allen Woody (RIP), played a guitar/bass doubleneck where he used both during a jam session while Haynes had some sick solos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that is just the best!! That would be great to see them in that setting. I have yet to see them live. I am a huge fan but they don't get up my way [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The band still continues to be amazing with all the live stuff they are recording. Allen Woody (RIP) was great and the band still moves on in that same vain. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

You gotta see live...peroid. Awesome to see a band Jam like that. Just honest rockin music. The Orpheum wasn't to bad. I had floor seats in front of Warren Haynes. Great guitar work.

Comment

I missed a show in Memphis last month and I wished I'd gotten off my @ss and gone now. It's only a few hours drive. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I will see them live one day.

Jason

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I missed a show in Memphis last month and I wished I'd gotten off my @ss and gone now. It's only a few hours drive. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I will see them live one day.

Jason

[/ QUOTE ] You can download the Memphis show from www.mule.net I just downloaded the Boston show I saw. And burned it to CD. Pretty Cool. You can Download all the Graphics for the CD with a Set List. Straight from the sound board. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X