George Lynch show 12-2-2005 Charlotte, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch show 12-2-2005 Charlotte, NC

All I can say is HOLY SHIT!!! I've been wanting to see Lynch for years, and he absolutely KILLED!!! It was a great show, and metaljunkie and I were on the front row right in front of George so we had killer spots. First show I've been to where I got a set list, so I don't have to rely on my shitty memory for this one. Lynch went off the whole show. The songs were played true to form, but at the end of almost every song he just kept playing and going off. We took a ton of pictures, and when I get them developed tomorrow I'll scan and post a few.

*Set List*
    Kiss of Death
    Dance of the Dogs
    When Heaven Comes Down
    Rain
    River of Love
    For a Million Years - Acoustic with electric solo...RIPPED!
    Breath and Scream
    Flesh and Blood
    Swedish Lullabye/Smoke This
    Alone Again
    It's Not Love
    Lightnin' Strikes Again
    Wicked Sensation
    Mr. Scary
    Unchain the Night
    Into the Fire
    Tooth and Nail
    *Encore*
    The Hunter
    Just Got Lucky

Metaljunkie and I met Lynch after the show. They were selling VIP passes at the show at the merchandise booth. $40 VIP pass, autographed picture, and a t-shirt for one person, or $70 for two people which we thought was a kick ass deal. We got to go into the tour bus, and sat in the back and talked with him for about 5 minutes. One of the highlights of my life! He was very nice to talk to, and was very talkative and gracious. He even gave me his pick and signed it for me.

If you get a chance to see this show, don't miss it!

$13 for ticket to Lynch show
    $35 for backstage pass and t-shirt
    Meeting THE MAN, and holding his guitar...FUCKING PRICELESS!

Re: George Lynch show 12-2-2005 Charlotte, NC

That's awesome! I would be afraid of breaking his guitar or something. Can't wait to see the pics.

I have tickets to the Forth Worth show.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

wow, ultra cool, great pic there, and sick setlist! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Funny thing is, when we walked into the room it was in the floor leaning on the couch. I was scared my big clumsy ass would step on it, so I picked it up and asked George where he would like me to put it. He said to go ahead hold it and check it out. REAL low action I might add. I didn't want to disgrace it, so I didn't even pluck the first string. I told metaljunkie to check out the action. He noodled on it a little bit.

I was just blown away to be holding an axe he played onstage that night. Plus the "MOM" style has always been my favorite of his. It was a slick ESP Custom shop with a new designed pick-up that will be coming out in his newest ESP signature V type axe.

Comment

I am JEALOUS!!!! This is too friggin cool. Lynch is my hero man, you are lucky! I would pay 10x what you did to get a picture like that holding his guitar.

And that set list rules! Post the rest of the pics somewhere please.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I am JEALOUS!!!! This is too friggin cool. Lynch is my hero man, you are lucky! I would pay 10x what you did to get a picture like that holding his guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big D...he's my hero too bro! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I'm like you, I would have paid stupid money just to have met him, it just happened to be a damn good deal. Lady luck was definitely on our shoulders last night. By the way, the pick he's holding in the picture was the one he was using to noodle with and it's mine. He gave it to me and even signed it for me. Metaljunkie said he was gonna punch me in the nuts and steal it when I least expected it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Metaljunkie kept giving me hell that knowing my luck I would pass out when we met Lynch, and my autographed picture would be of me lying in the floor of the tour bus. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

One thing for sure, after a show like that inspiration to learn to play is easy to come by.

I'll post pics from the show in this thread when I get them. Yes, I will be doing the 1 hour photo processing at the local Wally World tomorrow.

Comment

wow that is most excellent...great pic and cool memories. Thanks for sharing and getting to hold the man's guitar, don't get much better. Congrats
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

lol at meeting the man and holding his guitar FUCKING PRICELESS!Actualy i think you told us the george rates above [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                great player and like you said a cool geezer too
                BTW what did his bones guitar feel like?never played one of those

Comment

Man , I would love to meet George or even see him play .

I have 3 ESP Serpents which George designed after his Celtic roots . I wonder if he would come over to Ireland and play . I could sort out somewhere for him to stay [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Mark
                  Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Kick ASS stuff!!!!

One of the best guitarplayers ever to live, defining the 80's imho.

$70 for two people is NOTHING! Treasure those memories and those goodies man! You met a god! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Excellent! Congrats on a fantastic evening.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

damn, that is a great set list, now i am pissed i did not get to go to the show in VA here last night, i got stuck helping my ex roommate move into his new apartment, he is lucky he is one of my good friends! Oh well hopefully he will come around again realy soon and play that exact play list.

Your tickets were cheap, for the show at VA they were 25 dollars each.

On the bright side of all of this, my new roommate is a hot 27 year old south korean girl, only been here about 6 months, got dumped in october by her fincee, wedding was suppose to be in november, damn all my wet dreams came true last night, hot asian, and willing to please! We were talking about it and she blames herself for not being able to keep her man, i was like damn that is a good woman.

Comment

By the way, what was he using for an amp these days?

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the heads were his new Randall prototypes.

[ QUOTE ]
                            BTW what did his bones guitar feel like?never played one of those

[/ QUOTE ]

Light and thin body, probably half to three quarters as thick as my Soloist. Nice wide and fairly thin neck...I really wish I had fretted the thing, but I was pretty much awestruck at the time. I'm pretty sure it was an ebony board.

Comment

Dam, I should have gone...
                              I've questioned whether $20 is fair to see Yngwie Monday night, but $13 to see lynch play all that shit is a total loss to miss out on.

Comment

Working...
                              X