Jason becker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason becker

how does he get that lovely smooth hollow sound? i know he uses marshalls boss super overdrive and carvin guitars - anyone got a good amp setting they use?

Re: Jason becker

I am looking for that on a podxt.. Would be nice.. I got a nice cacophony Marty delay tone though, for like Black Cat's solos and stuff, but still looking for a Jason tone

Comment

Jason will sound like Jason thru any kind of amp,imo it's all in his hands..

Comment

u can say that about anyone, but everyone has a specific tone.. even jason becker.. You can't possibly have a TONE like jason if your playing thru something shitty, maybe you can have the feel of his playing, but tone and feel is completely different

Comment

I was actually wondering this myself, I really like his sound on tracks like Black Stallion, Dweller In The Cellar, and Images, pretty much any song where he has a clean sound.

Comment

There is a website called Guitar Geek. They have a lot of guys set ups but I checked and they don't have Beckers.

Maybe you could email them and see if they know.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

He used to play a 1989 Carvin DC127 which is VERY similar to the one I have in the classifieds section.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't knock a guy for trying!!

Comment

I still have no classified access =[ apparently getting 100 posts in 3 days isnt "legit" hah O_O

Comment

Other than the Boss Super Overdrive-> Marshall rig, he used Carvin's SX series amps.

And in his EARLY days in high school, like in his "Black Star talent show" vid, he uses a Peavey Bandit. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X