EVH Effects 1997

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Effects 1997

So I was at GuitarGeek.com brousing. EVH used a shitload of stuff.

Why would a guy use a Lexicon PCM 70 reverb, Roland SDE 3000 Delay and then an Eventide H-3000 Harmonizer on top of all of that? (not to mention pedals on top of all of this)

Doesn't the Eventide have everything you would need like Delays and Reverbs?
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: EVH Effects 1997

same thing with Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Steve Lukather etc. etc. etc. etc. etc............. more lights is cooler [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't the Eventide have everything you would need like Delays and Reverbs?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I remember it has reverb, delay, chorus, and distortion. The distortion sucks but the rest is as good as it gets.

Comment

I don't think the Eventide has distortion but its been a while since I've worked with one. It definitely has all of the time based effects as well as an intelligent harmonizer.

Comment

The Eventide doesn't have distortion.
          Why does EVH have so many duplicate effects?
          Because they aren't duplicates. He probably uses the Lexicon strictly for reverb. Most of these guys use Bradshaw switching systems anyway so why not have a ton of options.

Comment

The Eventide Eclipse has distortion. It sucks ass. Everything else is stunning.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              more lights is cooler

[/ QUOTE ]

I've wondered about this before. Your answer is funny but also might just be true. You see Lexicon,Eventide,TC Electronic in multiples in many of these players racks. Why in the world would anyone need all this? They all do about the same thing. It just comes down to personal preference. I've heard from many players that Lexicon is the end all for reverb. I have a Lexicon 550 and it's great but I don't need 2 more in my rack. Actually the answer probably is they are free to these guys so why not.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

another thing to consider is that a lot of this gear isn't very snappy. the eventide eclipse is better than the older 3000 units but still has a very noticeable lag when changing patches. so switching between several lexicons could make sense. also, some guys only use one patch on the things and just turn them on and off - basically very expensive rack mounted stompboxes.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  basically very expensive rack mounted stompboxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. I guess this is why most players now use pedals over rack gear. Although I love the sound of the Lexicon, the switing is much cleaner/faster with my Boss pedals. Every time I talk with dealers about rack stuff they say they don't sell much anymore.
                  "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                  I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

<font color="red"> The Bradshaw system requires(or required)dedicated units,each one for one specific thing!! </font>

Comment

Don't forget they all carry backups for everything (and backups for backups [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ) in their touring racks.
                      -Jon G

Comment

Working...
                      X