Gorguts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorguts

Awesome band,they're good as much as cryptopsy but too bad they don't have the same fame.Anybody knows something about their gear? Soloist and Rhoads I believe....but what amps??

Re: Gorguts

i don't think that rhoads was a jackson - there's an instructional gorguts vid on emule - it was a little bit different than jacksons and iirc the logo was also different.

Comment

Yeah I dunno what the Rhoads is but it ain't a Jackson. NO clue about amps, those guys used some weird sounds...

Comment

Cool,I'm searching for that instructional video! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

that video was on guitar.com a few years ago... I think I did download half of it with my modem connection back then.
          It had the title "Dissonance is an addiction". [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            that video was on guitar.com a few years ago... I think I did download half of it with my modem connection back then.
            It had the title "Dissonance is an addiction". [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            I remember that.I had the page bookmarked forever...
            "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

Gorguts rule! They're one of my top 5 favorite bands ever, maybe #2 right behind Cynic. Luc is truly a unique player with a sick degree of talent and they are responsible for the coming of a great number of Canadian bands today. The technicality in their music is impressive, whether back from when they started or to now. Their style has changed into something all their own, totally not of this world. The one thing I was never able to find out at all was what happened to their original drummer. The guy was freakin' awesome. As far as gear, from what I've seen, they abuse a variety of stuff.

Scott
              Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Obscura is one of my favorite albums of all time.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Gorguts is awesome. Probably one of the few bands I've ever listened to and had to ask myself how they came up with their material. I've never heard another band out there capable of pulling off pretty much a full album of pure, brutal chaos while being themselves and not having to blast for 60 minutes straight. Obscura is easily the most chaotic and abrasive of their works, but its so addictive.

Comment

From wisdom to hate is a great album too!

Comment

Working...
                    X