fantastic shred albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantastic shred albums

Hey guys, i'm on the look out for some new artists/bands to listen to. Could you recommend any?

I already have some Jason Becker, Mattias and Rusty. So post ones that you think are worthy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: fantastic shred albums

Not new by any means but these are two amazing albums:

Tony MacAlpine - Edge Of Insanity & Maximum Security
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I have one track of Tony, Ice Princess, fantastic song. By the way, it doesn't have to be a new artist/band just new to some people who haven't heard of them before [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

The only post-80's guitar players/shredders I really like are
        Buckethead
        Mattias Eklundh
        Ron Thal (Bumblefoot)
        the others are rip-offs IMO. Check those guys out, very unique playing.

Oldschool: you can't go wrong with Tony MacAlpine or Vinnie Moore.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Greg Howe [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

http://www.greghowe.com/discography.php

Comment

I've been quite interested in Buckethead lately. Does anyone have a link to an mp3 or something? would really appreciate that.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Greg Howe [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

http://www.greghowe.com/discography.php

[/ QUOTE ]

+100 My favorite shredder for the last 9 months or so.
              check out Uncertain Terms and Introspection, as those are his most "rock" fusion albums, then grab Parralax! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              but be prepared to sit there and scrath your head when you try and figure his stuff out. He uses a really cool tapping technique that isn't obvious when you first start listening to him and he plays over some very uhh...."different" chord changes!
              the guy f'n rules! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Racer X stuff....even recent stuff is great. PG is at the top of his game, and timeless!

Comment

Greg Howe is awsome, if you like him then you'll probably dig Richie Kotzen, Blues Saraceno and Andy Timmons too.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Every shred fan needs to be into Greg Howe, George Bellas, Cacophany and Hess (newer band featuring 2 shredders like Cacophany, both guitar players were students of Bellas).

http://www.hess.4t.com/ http://www.tomhess.net
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Definately stick to the original, Cacophony, Becker, Marty Friedman, Tony MacAlpine.. and Racer X

If ya want some interesting 80s metal with NICE shred-like solos, japanese band X Japan ^^

Comment

I can't believe no one has mentioned Yngwie's first album Rising Force!

I have to echo alot of the above:

Tony Macalpine Edge of Insanity
                        All Racer X

Comment

Buckethead

Here's a Buckethead video if anyone's interested:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...81MTLXMP1PCLVA

The song starts a bit slow, but the solo section stuff is very clean, melodic, and cool. He plays alot like Paul Gilbert IMO, though he is a different person. I remember a spotlight column in GFTPM back in the late 80's where they featured a guy named Brian something... That's Buckethead. I'd like to hear more.

Comment

Re: Buckethead

Great video mate. 8 finger tapping, crazy. I would be really surprised if it didn't turn out to be Paul Gilbert. His picking technique and fretting hand look identical to how Paul Gilbert plays.
                            93 USA Soloist EDS
                            USA HT6 Juggernaut
                            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Re: Buckethead

Buckethead and Paul Gilbert are the same person????
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X