• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buckethead

no, they're not.

Comment

Nope, two different people, though the rumor mill will have you believe otherwise. I think Buckethead took lessons from Paul or something to that effect.

I want one of those spring loaded guitar straps! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

perpetual burn by jaSON BECKER IS EASILY ONE OF THE BEST SHRED ALBUMS EVER.... i also recommend rusty cooley's album

Comment

Paul gilbert taught lots of the neo shreders-I think varney arranged it that when he signed new acts that Paul had to get them up to scratch with lessons-Taffola had lessons with paul and i am certain i heard of other big name players(on his label)mentioning learning stuff from Paul
          These two are def diferent people-and on his guitar spotlight profile Brian had extended fingers

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That's true Justin... I remember that!

Comment

Andy Timmons... That was Then, This is Now
              Neil Zaza... Staring at the Sun
              Joey Tafolla... Infra Blue
              Al DiMeola... Kiss My Axe
              Vinnie Moore... Mind's Eye/Time Oddyssey/Meltdown

I'll post more later [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

ooh seconded mind's eye - that's a fantastic album

Comment

Get some Al DiMeola stuff...the earlier stuff...you will be pleasantly surprised.

Get Blues Saraceno's "Don't Look Back", awesome.

Still waiting on BILL to BURN THAT FOR ME!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Try Gary Hoey, Chris Impelliteri, Nuno Bettencourt...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I remember a spotlight column in GFTPM back in the late 80's where they featured a guy named Brian something... That's Buckethead. I'd like to hear more.

[/ QUOTE ]Brian Carroll. I didn't see his spotlight in Varney's column. But he did rate an honourable mention in a Guitar Player Reader's Soundpage competition back around '91. Unfortunately, only the winners made it to the soundpage, so we never got to hear his playing back then. But the blurb in his HM made him sound worth checking out.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X