Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hear N Aid: We\'re Stars

[ QUOTE ]
    I for one bought the single when it came out [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, and I have a VHS with interviews and the promovideo.
    Am I wrong or is there a version with an even longer guitar solo...?

Comment

I had the single as well - wasn't there a short solo version and a long solo version?

It's noticeable that there seem to be quite a few folks there who don't exactly have a starring role such as WASP, Adrian and Dave from Maiden etc....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I love that song. I always thought grad gillis' whammy thing was crazy in that song.
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I beleive that THIS is the "long" version.....

MTV played a short version during regular rotation where the song was shortened in the SOLOS.

I'd have to find a stylus for my Technics turntable to play the record (that I also STILL have!) to be certain.

I have rented the VHS before.
          I'd love to find it again, or better yet, ask Wendy Dio to put it out on DVD with extra footage!

As for the Maidens, if I recall correctly I think they played the rhythm parts on the ENTIRE tune. You only see them once in the video is all.

As for Blackie.....what role would you have wanted him to do? Sing???? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] ~LOL~

I think the song still rocks just as hard as it did 20 years ago and I will watch it 3 or 4 more times today!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Dave Meniketti kicks much arse!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes indeed, he sounds killer.

Rob Halford sound great, but looks really gay [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Nothing says "Metal God" like a spandex jumpsuit that exposes your chest. I will say that the man knows how to accessorize. That's a killer belt he's wearing [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              As for the Maidens, if I recall correctly I think they played the rhythm parts on the ENTIRE tune. You only see them once in the video is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, that was Viv and Jimmy Bain.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Of course, Lynch and Yngwie murder on the solos...and Gillis with the whammy abuse.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I liked Neal's solo there. The last guy who did the solo ruined it IMHO.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That was Donald "Buck Dahrma" Roeser. From Blue Oyster Cult.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Oooops!

I stand corrected. thanks TEKKY
                      Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                      Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Murray and Smith played the harmony parts that you hear in the background.

I have the 45 and it has the short solo version, but I have the video with the interviews and it shows the long solo version.

Lynch rips it up, Gillis was sick with the whammy, and I dug Neil Schon's and Craig Goldie's solos too.

Comment

I think the only one who ruined anything was the guy from twisted sister...his stuff was totally out of place on there..
                          I think Craig Goldie's stuff on there was pretty crappy.
                          I think Buck Dharma's blues phrasing was cool.

and Schon and Yngwie ruled it, together with Adrian and Dave [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think Dio is doing a "part 2" of this thing soon...hopefully it'll be good!!

edit: also stunned by Ted Nugent's vocal display on this one!! what the hell has he been doing with his solo stuff? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

There is a Young Guitar Issue(japan) from the 80's that had it tabbed, the last copy went on ebay for over $100. I was out at 80.It had some pics of some old charvies of the stars in that issue as well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]me too. I was surprised when I finally downloaded the video a few years ago to see it was the dude from BOC. I think he laid down one of the more memorable solos on that track.

Although I could still probably sing the entire solo end to end [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]me too. I was surprised when I finally downloaded the video a few years ago to see it was the dude from BOC. I think he laid down one of the more memorable solos on that track

I agree with this 100%...I was surprised how much I enjoyed his part!

Comment

Working...
                                X