Hear N Aid: We're Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hear N Aid: We\'re Stars

+1 for Buck. That lick he plays about the time they flash his name is great.

Thanks for posting that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Of course, Lynch and Yngwie murder on the solos

[/ QUOTE ]

DEFINITELY the highlight of the solos. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

that's awesome. I have never been able to see the long version. I have it on my myspace page now. it totally rocks.

Comment

Schon and Gillis slay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Does anyone have the Tab to this song? I have search high and low and haven't found anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I found:

Ultimate Guitar Tabs: Chords

911 Tabs...I cant navigate thru it, maybe you can!

Hope this helps ya Jack!

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Thanks! Found the Guitar Pro file, solos and all. Seems like the long version. I just need to compare it now.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

This is great. I downloaded this a few months ago from another site and it always cracks me up.

I know a lot of people give Gillis the thumbs up but I think his over use of the Floyd sounds like ass.

Comment

it's hard not to laugh out loud at that shitty chorus. the leads were fun though.

Lynch & Yngwie ruled, as many have noted. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

i wonder how they did all that.

its a goofy question, but were all those solos and everything one pass only? or was it all live? or could they(as the individual musicians) allowed do as many cuts of the solos (vocals, drums, and guitar) as they wanted? and as the players, were they using all their own gear? sometimes it looked like some of the guys used the same guitar.

the whole thing is so awesome though, i loved it. yeah...halford's clothing...eh... but what a bad-ass vid. i love all those amazing players, hanging out together.

and as all these guys were awesome, i still love watching ole' georgie tearing away. and of course...all the players' axes.

Comment

My guess..
                      The only thing 'together' were the group shots

Vocals: As many takes as are needed.
                      Guitars: 15 min for 2 15 second solos, do as many takes as you can - pick the best 2 for mixdown.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Hell, I thought Don Dokkena and really all the singers in this kicked ass. It's so nice to see guys that can actually sing.

And damn George Lynch rules!

No lack of hair in this video, that is for sure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          I think Buck Dharma's blues phrasing was cool.

[/ QUOTE ]me too. I was surprised when I finally downloaded the video a few years ago to see it was the dude from BOC. I think he laid down one of the more memorable solos on that track

[/ QUOTE ]
                          I agree with this 100%...I was surprised how much I enjoyed his part!

[/ QUOTE ]

he is pretty ok player but he had the last solo spot and he should have build the solo to climax or something so it would have sounded powerful but he just did his blues phrasing and ended the solo very wierdly, it didn't go nowhere. Someone who can compose very well... like Yngwie should have played the last one, he probably would have ended it with his screaming vibrato.

Schon, Yngwie and Lynch were definetly the best IMO

As for Geoff Tate, he is one of my favourite singers but boy did he sound gay back then [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

God, I haven't seen that for years.
                            So many cool guitars, such big hair!
                            I've always wondered about the white singlehum that Vivian's playing - is it an really an Aria?
                            I know it has the headstock shape, and he was endorsing them at the time, but considering the guy had a bunch of cool Charvels... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

> I still have the full length VHS of this,and watched it with a friend about a month ago. The funniest shit was the Spinal Tap guys talking about Yngwie. "What about this Yngwie Malmsteen person? I'll tell ya what,I bought his album the other day,and I just threw my guitar out. I said why bother? Why bother? Use it as a coffee table. Can't play the thing like that,he's great. I like the way he puts Yngwie J Malmsteen on all his albums,that way you don't confuse him with all the other Yngwie Malmsteens in the business." That and the quote about St. Hubbins singing on the track. "I've got pipes I haven't even used yet,haven't located 'em yet. (other guy) He could break the board in there." Pretty much everyone on it kicked ass,even Dharma,but I could have done without seeing him with short hair and that ham-fisted picking technique. Tommy D.
                              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

I watched it again.

I defintely reiterate my original opinion that Yngwie and Lynch own the solos. I didn't think Lynch's tone was as good as Yngwie's though.

Ronnie James and Geoff Tate have the best vocal performances. Tate, however, looks like he wants to go suck some cock after the gig. DuBrow, WTF is up with the pink blazer? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, yeah. Don Dokken is wimpy...but his vocal performance was very polished and he has a good voice.

Mike
                                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                                X