X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EVH on SNL

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

Damn, I wish we had Ed like that back again.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking the same thing as i watched it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who here wasn't? Why, Ed, why? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool!Been a long time since I had seen that.Thanks,Jimmy B..
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Thanks for the clip. Very fun to watch!

Comment

Thanks for the clip, I've always heard about it but never saw it until now.

Get your shit together Ed!
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Amazingly cool! Thanks for posting. Looks like a job I would like to do for free! Never mind the money. Come on back Eddie.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have that clip in my collection, and remember seeing it live, and it was great. However...

Sure he WAS great. He USED TO BE awe-inspiring. He influenced most of us. Then his true character (or lack thereof) emerged and the rest is history. He's lucky to merely still be alive. He's never going to be the person he once was in your younger eyes. This is the type of person you all idolize? Get over it!

Not that you should be idolizing ANYBODY, but if you have to, there are plenty other players who are not total fuckups who are more worthy of your praise and idolation.

Comment

jesus christ, I admire Eddie because he is(was) a badass guitar player not because what he does in his personal life. Get over it.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Was that a Kramer he was playing?

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] The man in his prime! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I have that clip in my collection, and remember seeing it live, and it was great. However...

Sure he WAS great. He USED TO BE awe-inspiring. He influenced most of us. Then his true character (or lack thereof) emerged and the rest is history. He's lucky to merely still be alive. He's never going to be the person he once was in your younger eyes. This is the type of person you all idolize? Get over it!

Not that you should be idolizing ANYBODY, but if you have to, there are plenty other players who are not total fuckups who are more worthy of your praise and idolation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man. We don't idolize the man..we are fans. We just hope he can get himself together and give us some more music to enjoy.

Why does everyone have to bash Eddie?

Leave the guy alone.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Ahhh, the days when Eddie used to smile all the time and have fun. It seems he cracked after the F.U.C.K tour and before the Balance album. That whole deal with shaving his head and trying to stop drinking. I'm not sure what, if anything, happened but this is the time frame when he took a turn for the worse. Soon after Sammy was out, he flip flopping about his feelings on Dave then Gary was out.

Although he was always messed up on drugs and booze it seems to have caught up with him. Waht a shame...

Comment

Eddie is a legend and my guitar hero. I thank the sweet baby jesus every day that EVH recognized his natural talent and picked up a guitar. The man's music has given me more joy and pussy than any and all other music combined.

As for his "downslide", let me assure you that his fight with cancer, the death of his father and the disintegration of his marriage all came too close together and have seriously scarred the man. I experienced the same trials as Eddie but in a different order and time in my life. I am sure that I have changed to many of my old friends but I"m a private person and not a rock and roll icon. As such, I am not aware how my "changes" are perceived by others. Until you have walked in the man's footsteps...

Edward Van Halen a has been? Not by a mile. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

If you can get a good quality, then the Eddie SNL clip is worth having. His guitar sound in the clip is just a touch too saturated/processed for my personal liking. Still, great playing from Ed. Watch the clip closely, and SNL's guitarist(the guy whose been with SNL for years and has played with many other stars)playing in the back and seems to be enjoying himself too.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Eddie is a legend and my guitar hero. I thank the sweet baby jesus every day that EVH recognized his natural talent and picked up a guitar. The man's music has given me more joy and pussy than any and all other music combined.

As for his "downslide", let me assure you that his fight with cancer, the death of his father and the disintegration of his marriage all came too close together and have seriously scarred the man. I experienced the same trials as Eddie but in a different order and time in my life. I am sure that I have changed to many of my old friends but I"m a private person and not a rock and roll icon. As such, I am not aware how my "changes" are perceived by others. Until you have walked in the man's footsteps...

Edward Van Halen a has been? Not by a mile. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautifully stated, James.

Eddie will rise again.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Thanks for the vid!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                                X