Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Purple - Hush

Oh my!

Video clip includes Blackmore (on the wrong side and wearing blue?) giving Hef a little guitar lesson on the 335!

Worth the price of admission right there!

PURPLE - "Hush" on playboy After Dark !

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Re: Deep Purple - Hush

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I wore my mom's 45 of Hush out as a kid. Probably one of my fav DP tunes. Thanks for posting.

Comment

great video.

Ian Paice is amazing, even then he sounded so tight, one of the greatest drummers ever.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That really "grooved the kids" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Shagadelic baby... yeah! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I would have killed to be there even if it meant wearing clothes that rediculous.

Comment

I guess if Hef were to let loose the full array of boobies available to him, maybe we could get him away from that dumb Celtic bitch for just a couple of hours.

Comment

I half-expected Austin Powers to walk into the scene...that's just freakin' awesome!!!

I'm a huge Purple fan and knew about that video, but I'd never seen it before. Even though the band was good even at that early stage, you can really tell how much better they became once Ian Gillan joined. Rod Evans just didn't have the vocal chops necessary for a band like that.

As for Hef, well, he comes off surprisingly square and awkward for a guy who was boning Playmates day and night...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    As for Hef, well, he comes off surprisingly square and awkward for a guy who was boning Playmates day and night...

[/ QUOTE ]

That because it's not Hef. Hef doesn't own any articles of clothing that are not bath robes.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      That because it's not Hef. Hef doesn't own any articles of clothing that are not bath robes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was definitely Hef. He hosted both of the '60s Playboy shows. I don't think he started the 24/7 pajamas thing until the '70s. Before that, he was always pictured in those goddawful suits of the era, and always with a pipe in his mouth.

I think the "Playboy Lifestyle" back then, as exemplified by Hef, was to sit around your pad in your James Bond suit listening to cool jazz on your "Hi-Fi" until your lady came over, at which time you would impress her with your prowess at making mixed drinks, as well as your mechanized, retractable shagging bed (round, of course). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X