RR signature LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR signature LP

> I was at work today,and got to thinking about all the usual stuff other than work. Playing pool for large sums of money and destroying my opponent,how bad I want to pork all 5 of the females I work with,smoking some herb and playing Half-Life 2 Deathmatch after work,and all of a sudden Over The Mountain came on the radio. Whenever I hear a Rhoads song,I see all those pics from the inside of the Tribute cd,and think back to the day he was killed and I pondered this question. As big as Gibson is about artist signature models,is there a particular reason they never came out with a Rhoads model,other than possibly FMIC owning the rights to guitars with his namesake? While it is very true that MOST players/fans of his identify with him playing a RR,he was also very fond of that white LP. Any ideas,Tommy D.
    "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Re: RR signature LP

Well Rhoads just played a stock Les Paul custom. So you could just buy the usual white les paul custom from any shop.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

That same question comes up on the the gibson forum and custom shop forum all the time. Never really get a clear answer, but i think it has something to do with his mom etc.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Well Rhoads just played a stock Les Paul custom. So you could just buy the usual white les paul custom from any shop.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree. I think all you'd have to do is get a gold pickup switch ring and truss rod cover. I think the only other thing was his name engraved on the pickguard, but I could be wrong.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Gibson came out with a RR Les Paul in the 90s.

Comment

Here's another pic...I played one years ago. Bet they are pretty hard to find today.

Comment

$2,500... http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-Gibson-Les-Paul...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Damn, $2500 for a regular LPC? Glad I bought mine a few years ago. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I agree. I think all you'd have to do is get a gold pickup switch ring and truss rod cover. I think the only other thing was his name engraved on the pickguard, but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do it yourself when you can let Gibson do it and charge you an extra $1000 or $1500?

Comment

Wasn't his a 1974 model?

Comment

I'm fairly sure that Gibson didn't release a Randy Rhoads model...they were done as an aftermarket customization by another company not affiliated with Gibson. They began their life as custom shop blonde LPC's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'm fairly sure that Gibson didn't release a Randy Rhoads model...they were done as an aftermarket customization by another company not affiliated with Gibson. They began their life as custom shop blonde LPC's.

[/ QUOTE ] Blonde or vintage white?
                        Scott

Comment

WE'd need to look under the pick gaurd to tell its "true Blonde"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            WE'd need to look under the pick gaurd to tell its "true Blonde"

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Scott

Comment

yep, that was aftermarket stuff. those coins sold separately on ebay. the coin is kinda hokey, imo, but the guitar itself kicks ass.
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X