Vito Bratta...its a damn shame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vito Bratta...its a damn shame...

It really is a shame that Vito hurt himself and stopped playing the guitar. I really think he took Eddie's foundation and built it even further. I think he is really overlooked as one of the best and has such a melodic soloing style and a great sense of rhythm.

I wish he would come back, but from what I heard he is done and done.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: Vito Bratta...its a damn shame...

I'd heard he injured himself, and yep, it's a real shame [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

a nice site here: http://www.vito-bratta.com/

Comment

I didn't hear about the injury, care to elaborate?

Comment

From what I heard, he injured his wrist after an exceptionally long practice session. I heard he just quit after that. He turned down Mike Tramp for a reuinion tour.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

He didnt just turn it down, he threatened to sue if he used the name White Lion.Which is why he was billed as "Mike Tramps White Lion".

Comment

Side note... I grew up with the drummer in "Mike Tramp's White Lion".
              Occupy JCF

Comment

That dude was super cool, and was all over the girls afterwards.I think him and Mike had competitions to see who could score the most.Troy right?He did a tour diary for metal sludge .com

Comment

Yeah. Troy is right. I saw him at NAMM last January. I didn't get to talk to him much though.

I don't recall it, but our moms always claimed that we knew each other because they bowled together and we'd get thrown into the kids room together. But we did go to the same elementary and high school together in Griffith, IN.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    From what I heard, he injured his wrist after an exceptionally long practice session. I heard he just quit after that. He turned down Mike Tramp for a reuinion tour.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
                    so Mike did the playing injure his wrist or was it something that happened after practice? I'm still not clear on this.

and if from playing alone, what could be so bad as to make someone quit playing? that's odd, no?
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

He cant move his wrist side to side, so strumming a guitar and fret hand would be limited.From what i rememeber, he said it was painful to play.Its sorta like carpel tunnell (sp?).He is bummin for sure.

Comment

that sucks.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Five knuckle shuffle would be a bitch, no wonder hes a bitter man. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

He is an amazing player for sure,he had a HUGE sound and was quite tasteful.....

Just to add about injuries in general,a little under a year ago I was sitting in my recliner watching TV and sneezed REALLY hard [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ....and a sharp pain went shooting dowm my shoulders all the way to my wrist. Well I went to band practice a couple of days later and suddenly discovered when I tried to fret anything the pain went from my wrist to my elbow. I tried to force myself to play thourgh the pain,didn't work though,and it ended up costing me 5-6 months of not playing to recover.

SO yes,you can injure yourself doing small things bad enough to not be able to play is the half-moral of the story....the other half...well try not to sneeze too hard! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Vito rocks and is totally underrated. He had really tasteful playing and was melodic while ripping it up. He, along with EVH, also got me into Steinberger guitars. It's a shame he didn't hook up with a less cheesy singer.

Comment

Working...
                              X