30 seconds to mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 seconds to mars

well I just got their second cd yesterday and DAMN it's good! any of you guys hear of or like them?

I liked their first cd, pretty progressive spacey hard rock, and I saw em at the 2003 Lollapalooza in Irvine, and they were good. this next cd has even better songs. plus the dude can really sing, he's better than a lot of vocalists I've heard.

this is actor Jared Leto's band, but he's a real musician and they are the real deal. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: 30 seconds to mars

I've been a fan since the debut. The 2nd cd is much better, but the first has some good tracks too. Jared has a powerful and different voice and he is a great frontman. Check out the videos of him climbing around the scaffolds & stuff! These guys are pretty far beyond the nu-metal/rock stuff. There's a lot more depth and atmosphere, though they do have a couple songs that get radio play.

Scott
    Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I think they are pretty good. Atmospheric is a good word to describe their sound.

They kinda remind me of Orgy (I guess they'd fit into that same genre)...but better, and less "mechanical" sounding.

Far cry from Jared Leto's "My So Called Life"....LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm seeing them tonight in Hollywood. I expect a kickass show. will report in later. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

if you guys like 30 sec to mars, check out "The Recieving End of Sirens.

http://www.myspace.com/thereceivingendofsirens

Comment

well 30 seconds to mars was great Fri nite! very nice show, they killed. the Avalon was sold out. scads of hot chicks, goddamn, they draw the girls. for cutie-pie Jared. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Shannon Leto's drumming is insane, he's super talented.

their new cd is really good. more raw than the first, and better songs. it rocks.
            [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X