Overkill "In Union We Stand"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overkill "In Union We Stand"

I saw this video on VH1C the other day. First time I've seen it in like 15 years. I never bought an Overkill album, but I am looking for the one with this song on it.

Any info on Overkill (guitars / amps / albums) would be cool to know.

Thanks,

Don

Re: Overkill \"In Union We Stand\"

That's a good one. My first Overkill (and actually only one) was "Under the Influence" it had "Hello From the Gutter" on it and I played the hell out of that album.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Overkill rules... you must go out and buy them all! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] In Union We Stand is on their second album, Taking Over. My favorite album is Horrorscope.

http://wreckingcrew.com/crew/wrap3.p....htm&opt=0

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

BNR Metal page:

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/over.htm
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

im partial to The years of decay. Grew up on the one

Comment

Taking over was my favorite.

PowerSurge was the best song they ever wrote !!

Comment

Horrorscope was always my favourite.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Taking over is also my favorite. A good friend of mine at the time that album was being recorded was Dating Bobby's little sister. We used to hang out with them a lot. They were cool. KILLBOX 13 is cool too if anyone wants to get the newer stuff. It is very old school Overkill. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="red"> Elimination!!E-limination!!!! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] <font color="red"> !! </font>

Comment

Taking over is one of the best albums of all time... (On my list any way...) [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      KILLBOX 13 is cool too if anyone wants to get the newer stuff. It is very old school Overkill. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah, that's a great album. I think the newest one, RelixIV, is not all that great.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They are one of the few bands who have stayed true to their roots all through the years. I still listen to them all the time. The Years Of Decay rules [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          <font color="red"> Elimination!!E-limination!!!! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] <font color="red"> !! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that one as well!!!

Why do I feel like I need to take a crap? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wow, I feel like I've missed something. I'll start looking for CDs (actually already have).

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=n...earch=overkill

Comment

It'd be a shock to say that I'm a big Overkill fan..*cough, avatar, cough* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Overkill's one of the few bands that's been around since the early days, has always remained heavy, but whose music never really stagnated. This is probably also due to the fact of their different guitar lineups throughout the years. I love the early stuff with Gustafson, culminating with Years of Decay, but my fave is Horrorscope when they first switched to a 2-guitar lineup (without Bobby G). After Decay, I really like From the Underground and Below, which was the 3rd set of guitarists with Joe Comeau. I think now they're on their 4th set or so with Relix.

They still sound great live too! I saw them last early in the year at a sports bar about an hour north of Boston.
                              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                              X