between the buried and me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• between the buried and me

anyone a fan of this band? a buddy of mine just came me a copy of "alaska" and all i can say is: WOW!!!! it has everything: prog elements that would make dream theater jealous, killer grindcore riffs, blast beats, death growls (which i personally hate), melodic vocal passages, killer production...

and best of all: interesting arrangements!!!

i am quite impressed and that doesn't happen too often, especially when cookie monster is the vocalist!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: between the buried and me

I think they're great. Someone had recommended them, then Boxcar Willie posted a link to some clips here & I was sold. I'm kind of an old fart & don't care for growling much either, but I've learned to make exceptions & deal with it when the band kicks ass, and these guys kick some serious ass. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I know those guys, they're friends and customers of mine. A local dude named Jamie King recorded their first and latest albums and he has recorded almost every band that I am friends with, and he is most likely gonna be involved with the mixing of my band's next release. Tommy can do the cookie monster stuff well but he is also a great melodic singer as well as good at guitar, drums, synth and keys (which he does live). All in all these are probably the most talented musicians I know. Check out their first album (Between the Buried and Me) and their second album (The Silent Circus)...I think if you go to their purevolume site then it has the song Mordecai on it, which is kind of their big one.

Comment

They are an interesting band and they definitely keep getting better & better. I hope that continues. Alaska has some neat progressive Dream Theater-ish parts and those are my favorite moments. I'd like to hear them record at Trax East or something next time - just somewhere that would totally nail the guitar harmonies tight as hell.
        Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I saw the new video on the Ball and I gotta say I was impressed. For a newer band these guys are throwin' down like back in the days when bands were all about shoing how great they are in the context of a great song.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yeah this band are seriously amazing. Nice to see a band doing someting different but familiar.

James

Comment

Working...
            X