Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David T. Chastain never gets any love around here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David T. Chastain never gets any love around here.

Seems odd to me that David Chastain hardly ever gets mentioned around here. Not only is the guy a damn good guitar player but he's a great producer and runs his own record company! Without him there would be no Firewind or Kenziner!

He's old as shit and still in the game, only thing that sucks is he never tours.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: David T. Chastain never gets any love around here.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Re: David T. Chastain never gets any love around h

He is with corbin king now in a band I forget the name of isnt he? I know they are both signed by the same company

Comment

Thunder and Lighting

Comment

Hung out with the guy several times, also partied with the old singer named "leather" She was really cool...

Dave is certainly a great player and a really nice guy. May have to break out one of those CDs...

Comment

Does he still live in Cincinnati?
            www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

He lives in GA now, mostly stays home with his new (about 2 years) wife. Too bad too, the newest Chastain album is good, that could have done better if he got out on tour opening for someone.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

yep...lives in ga...ultra nice guy...if im correct he doesnt live all that far from ralph e...last i spoke with him he was considering closing down the record company...he had had enough with the music business and was trying to sell it...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I'm waiting for the release of For Those Who Dare on CD... I thought that cassette killed! Within the Heat was also a very good instrumental cassette too!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

If it's a loosing venture he should get rid of it. I would love to see him on another label where all he has to do is create and not have to worry about the business side.

Comment

Dave is great...him and his boy Mike Harris in Zannister is my favorite stuff tho...if you like GuS G in Firewind..maybe check into Zanister.

ALSO

Check out

Kenrick...on his Leveiathan label...major shreddage!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have both Zanister albums. The first one is cool, the second one is boring as all fuck. Kinrick is also not so good. The funny thing though is that even though the songwriting sucks Chastain's production job is so great that I'll listen to shit and marvel at how good it sounds.

Comment

Vainglory!!?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My favorite player on his Leviathan roster is Masi..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Masi's not on Leviathan anymore, he's been with Lion Music for a while Bill. That guy's intence man, his Steel String Bach album is like a bible to me.

Comment

Oh hell ya bro...he's amazing..

That's right..it is Lion records..this stuff all starts to run together sometimes..I got too much crap and my brain is gettin spent [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]!

I still like the Ulinator a bit better..but that's fucking AWSOME stuff ! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X