Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper Keenan /Corrosion of Conformity/Down

firstly does anyone here like him?

secondly how do u get his sound - i know he used a telecasster in Down but i have no clue other than that

Re: Pepper Keenan /Corrosion of Conformity/Down

He used to play SG's in COC...I think he uses ESP Vipers now.
    I saw them live in the fall of '90 and he used 800's for amps. I believe he also uses a cocked wah (set in the middle of its throw) for alot of his parts.

Comment

Those guys rule. I've seen them at least 3 or 4 times. Pretty sure he's using Randalls now and like Rupe said, ESP's. He's in the ESP catalog. I think Woody is using the same setup. That tele was just for the "Ghosts" vid I think. He was using the Viper with Down when I saw them live.
      -Jon G

Comment

When I saw Down live, he was playing ESP Strats. He was using a Viper with COC.

Comment

Noodles, did you see D at 930 with the neverending video intro? some of that shit was cool, but damn it was long!!
          -Jon G

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Pretty sure he's using Randalls now

[/ QUOTE ]
            Randalls? They were using Mesa Rectos for quite awhile. Maybe he changed?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh my bad, Pep was using Randall with Down. Looks like COC is still using a Mesa 50 cal. Check out this interview:
              http://guitar.com/cda/ColumnCorner/a...00791f00000000
              -Jon G

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Noodles, did you see D at 930 with the neverending video intro? some of that shit was cool, but damn it was long!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and Phil talking for five fucking minutes between every fucking song. Stupid high bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The band sounded amazing, though. I always thought it was the better of his side projects. It doesn't hurt that Pepper was on fire that night.

Comment

I always loved COC, being that they're awesome and some fellow NC dudes. As long as I've been into the band Pepper has been using SGs/ESP Vipers and Mesa .50 Calibres, and Woody has used the Dual Rectifiers.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I always loved COC, being that they're awesome and some fellow NC dudes. As long as I've been into the band Pepper has been using SGs/ESP Vipers and Mesa .50 Calibres, and Woody has used the Dual Rectifiers.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah, that's it. I knew one of them used a Recto. I still think Blind is their best album! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah b lind anbd deliverence are the best i think

Comment

Come to think of it I've seen them on every tour since Deliverance came out with the exception of the current album. My fav is Wiseblood.
                        -Jon G

Comment

really? they're playng near me in january so i may try see them as i haven't yet

Comment

I haven't seen them either. I was supposed to see them when they toured with Metallica on the Load or Reload tour (I guess it was for the Deliverance album), but my ex-wife made me late for the show and we got there just after they ended their set!

Comment

When we opened for them (COC) in ´97 he was using a white SG and Marshalls.

FWIW

*Edit* MY bad, still on my New years biunge and awake after >50 hrs.... Pretty sure they were mesas... calibers I think...

Comment

Working...
                              X