• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pepper Keenan /Corrosion of Conformity/Down

you opened for COC?!?! nice man \m/><\m/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I haven't seen them either. I was supposed to see them when they toured with Metallica on the Load or Reload tour (I guess it was for the Deliverance album), but my ex-wife made me late for the show and we got there just after they ended their set!

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't miss much. On that tour, they were opening up the doors at the same time they started. We caught four songs at the end of their set, and we were in line when the doors opened. That, and they played with the house lights on. Because of all this, they sounded completely uninspired.

Fuck Metallica.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I always loved COC, being that they're awesome and some fellow NC dudes. As long as I've been into the band Pepper has been using SGs/ESP Vipers and Mesa .50 Calibres, and Woody has used the Dual Rectifiers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shit...I remember back in the 80's when they were touring colleges...Woody was the only guitarist back then, and he was using a beat old SG, and a similarly beat Marshall 800 head thru 2 striaght Acoustic (brand) cabs...with some grungy pedals he had the logos and models taped over so the crowd couldn't see what they were...LOL!

Funny nearly 20 years later (fuck! I'm old!!), and he has the same exact sound, albeit a bit more refined than back then....but if you listen to Technocracy vs. America's New Volume Dealer
        You can hear the same style and sound.

Comment

Working...
        X