Hear N Aid???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear N Aid???

I was just browsing You Tube and this came up. Was it a charity record? I think it dates from the 80s but I'm not sure (!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hear N Aid

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Hear N Aid???

Yep, it was a charity thing that Dio got started.

Comment

yeah it was his response to live aid coz no one would ask any metal ( sorry 'metal' )bands to do anything which understandably pissed a few people off so he got everyone who was big in the glam/hair/arena scene together for an awesome record - favourite solo anyone? mines graig goldy's second one with the tapping arpeggios

Comment

Did they make one song or a whole record. I've been listening to were stars and its pretty cool.

Comment

i have that on DVDVivian campbell came up with the idea and had too many solo spots on the project!Malmsteen smoked every one like a kipper and you could see the jaws drop in the studio when he tracked his parts

Comment

I think I just spotted David St. Hubbins! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah yngwie was pretty smoking and he wasn't even being uber technical for him. brad gillis' stuff was really far out too - some damn wierd and cool sounds on his solos. its a shame there aren't more great songs like that

Comment

we had a thread about this only 2 weeks ago [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...page=2&fpart=1

Comment

Justin

Were'd you get the DVD?

I've been waiting patiently to run into Mrs. Dio (she's a councilwoman in my little town) to ask her about putting out the DVD

All I ever sw was the VHS, is there MORE stuff on the DVD you have?
                  Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

CC DeVille, Mrs Dio - why can't I live in a town like that? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I get loads of stuff like this Hear N aid dvd from a friend of mine that lives localy.Its just a VHS version ripped to dvd,and good quality too.No extras
                      A proper DVD with more studio takes would be cool,when you next see Mrs Dio beg her to get it remastered and converted to DVD.

Comment

All I remember.. in that whole singing metal choir...Halford was the LOUDEST!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

oh yeah the choir - what a load of old mullets!!! lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i am a bit put off about Halford reaming one of his roadies untill 1st degree carpet burns stopped the fun and he had to go to hospital!backs to the wall if your in the same room as him,and if you drop your wallet,fucking leave it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Where did ya hear that Justin...???!!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Some storys (even some of my own)..should stay in the fuggin' closet!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm just a prevert..not a gay prevert...or gayvert if you will [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X