Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag giving us an insight into the squeaaaaalss

http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=5tNYI...search=pantera

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Re: Dimebag giving us an insight into the squeaaaa

Wow, great stuff!
    Thanks for posting the link!
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Fuggin' Dime..he was cool.

Total Eddie school man!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thank you very much for sharing. Awesome!
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

yeahh he had some cool chops and a great sound,should still be here(still cant believe it!!)

Comment

Great isn't it? I was watching this only yesterday. You Tube is great for this kind of thing. There's so much cool stuff on there that I would never get to see otherwise.

Comment

I got a up close and personal burried harmonic whammy bar lesson from Satriani..he hits them on the G right between the edge of the neck and the neck pup..there is a few there that KILL if ya hit them right!

Dime also did use a Whammy pedal..which also makes those harmonics so high..only dogs can hear them.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That was cool, and deft part of his trademark sound. But after trying those out, it's definately not as easy as it looks.

Comment

Awesome stuff.

Comment

that is great...thanks for posting the link
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

yeah thats awesome man - to think dime would still only be 40 this year - tragic. also its damn hard - u supposed to just hold ur back finger so its just touching the string to make the harms come out or what / i didn't really get what his left hand was doin...

Comment

Thanks for posting that!Very cool!....
                        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

first he pulls off the g string, without actually fretting a note (like just hitting the G with your plectrum or fingerpicking the G) then he pushes down on the trem, to let the G string get loose and go down in pitch then he just hits the natural harmonic with his left hand and then he pulls the trem up and does some wiggly stuff with it. It's trial and error, but you can nail it after some practice.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

how does he hit the natural harmonic when his picking hand is right at the back? do u just tap it where the harmonic should be?

Comment

You must F with this stuff constantly to make it work ALL the time..it has to be part of your normal playing style.

It's a huge part of mine..but I do this everytime I pick up a guitar..

Some folk ..like my wife would call this stuff "noise"..but I call it metal!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We all have EVH to thank for this noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X