• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Lane playing a Charvel - video

Sorry if this has been posted before

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5&q=Shawn+Lane

Re: Shawn Lane playing a Charvel - video

I'll be the first one to say that I don't like it overall. Especially the fast stuff toward the end just sounds like nonsense. Everything else sounds great when he's not playing a bajillion notes

Comment

that was awesome. no one can touch shawn lane

Comment

yeah that was a bit too ridiculous NO NEED!!

Comment

Creamy 750xl Goodness!
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

> That was back when he was still with The Willys. They played a club in Martin,Tn back in November 1990,and he played this same 750,along with a oddball pinkish-orange one that looked like a flip-flop or interference finish. They played this same track that night,and of course he ripped it up. The solo he played towards the end was called Stratosphere,and was on a compilation called U.S. Metal,which I think was Mike Varney's project. There were 3 guitarists standing there with me,and all we could do was shake our heads in disbelief,while every other person in the place was up shakin' their asses or trying to hook up. His band used to play in a different spot in Memphis every night,and Shawn did studio work all day,plus played 7 nights a week to keep his family up. That was a kickass club too,I saw all kinds of shows there,most notably Stryper,TNT,and Loudness,along with a killer rap concert by Ice-T and Body Count,which is Ice's rock band. At times it was so distorted you couldn't hear shit,someone kept playing with the mixer,but when you could actually listen to it they sounded a lot like Fishbone. Ernie C played a white Model 2 with a Floyd and a cobalt Model 4. Tommy D.
            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

<<<<<<<<<<< Memphis

I met shawn briefly about 10 years ago when I was 20. Really nice guy he seemed. Great guitar player but a bit mindless at times. Technique is awesome though

Comment

He is a great player.

It just gets to a point where you could care less.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I dig the stage sweats.

Comment

I agree with THETROY. I sounds like jibberish towards the end. I think that he is probably one ofthe fastest of all time, but it's like too fast to 'feel' good. Just my opinion.

slevy007 [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Shawn did a guitar clinic here at a local music store not long before he died. Dude was an incredible player...
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Sorry to hear he died. Obviously alot of work went into his playing but for me that's too fast and a waste of notes. Great technique and skill but the first part of Purple Haze had me interested and the rest was not so cool for me.

Comment

great playing RIP shawn

Comment

I was lucky enough to record/produce The Willys as my rock project when I was at the University of Memphis back in 1988. Here's a link to the song I submitted. And oh, I got an "A".

Click here.
                            Just a guitar player...

Comment

ok, dude kicks some major butt, love the Charvel, and I'll probably get kicked off the planet, but who is Shawn Lane?
                              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
                              X