journey DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• journey DVD

recieved Journey 2001... (live in las vegas) DVD for christmas. If you haven't seen this yet, my friends your missing a true monster of show by Neal Schon [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]. just watched it for the first time start/finish and wow [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] this guy can tear it up like no other. just moved up even further on list of top players. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: journey DVD

Agree. Great show. And where did they find that guys who, looks like, sounds like and has a name like Steve Perry.
    Neal Schon is smoking. That pedal board in front of where he is standing is huge. I liked the part when the piano guy was playing the Les Paul on Stone in Love. Neal ripped on that one too. Joey

Comment

I saw this tour in Virginia that with Peter Frampton. It was a great concert. You couldn't tell Steve Perry wasn't there.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

yep. I've seen it as well. The dude is a monster player.

Comment

I saw Journey in 2003 and they kicked major ass. Thier drummer sang a couple songs too and probably has a higher voice than the singer. We were 6th row right in front of Neal. Neal has a nice mix of shreadding and melody. He still had about the same hair style he did in the Santana Video "Black Magic Woman" when he was like 15. I should get that 2001 concert DVD. I have the one that a mix of live stuff from all different years.

Matt

Comment

Forgive me on this gang because I'm out of the loop on the steve perry thing. What happened to Steve Perry with Journey?
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I saw Journey in 2003 and they kicked major ass. Thier drummer sang a couple songs too and probably has a higher voice than the singer. We were 6th row right in front of Neal. Neal has a nice mix of shreadding and melody. He still had about the same hair style he did in the Santana Video "Black Magic Woman" when he was like 15. I should get that 2001 concert DVD. I have the one that a mix of live stuff from all different years.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

The drummer actually sings 2 songs on the new cd(generations) and sounds even more like Perry then Augeri does.

I met Neal this past spring while he was doing the SoulSirkus Tour. Short guy with the Jew Fro, but goddamn did he kick ass that night.I have always like his melodies and soulful playing.Seeing him 2 feet in front of me was amazing.

Steve Augeri played in a band called Tall Stories back in the 80's.He replaced Steve after the 96 debacle.I heard Neal on the radio right after they got Augeri and he was so pissed about Perry.It was live radio and he was cussing saying ..fuck that guy , hes a cocksucker, bla bla bla.

His word about the new guy was something like, "he looks likle Perry with a perm, sounds Like Perry and isnt an asshole.Why would i ever want to play with Perry ever again?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Forgive me on this gang because I'm out of the loop on the steve perry thing. What happened to Steve Perry with Journey?

[/ QUOTE ]

In 1996, John Kolodner got the "frontiers" version back together for a album and tour.CD was a hit and Perry flaked on doing a tour, saying his hip needed to be replaced.He fucked the band by backing out at the last minute.Tons of money lost, promoters suing the band, all kinds of shit, all because he didnt want to tour.

The following year, they Got Steve Augeri and toured with Foreigner, and lou Gramm had just recovered from brain cancer surgery.Neal was calling Perry names and using Lou as an example of someone whos not a "pussy".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The drummer actually sings 2 songs on the new cd(generations) and sounds even more like Perry then Augeri does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda thought the same thing too, but everyone I asked disageed.... That guy could easily front the band.

Matt

Comment

Yeah, Dean Castronovo is an amazing drummer and good singer.I never knew that he could sing.He was the drummer on about half of the Shrapnel shred cds in the 80's.

Comment

It was cool as hell when they did it live. The singer just goes "Check this shit out" and away the drummer went. I completely forget what song it was but it was one of the Higher ones.

Matt

Comment

A long time ago....

I had the origional recording of the Stars song that people have been talking about here at the JCF. It had all the guitarists doing their own solos before the final mix on it. One thing about that version, I thought Neal Schon ripped everyone there. The guy just has a effortless style to him. The guy just tears it up.

Funny thing was watching Yngwie fuck up on video.

-Nate
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                        X