Alexi Laiho´s Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexi Laiho´s Sound

Can somebody tell me how to get Hatebreeder album lead guitar sound? If someone could post ready settings to amp and pedals it would be nice.
    My equipment:
    Jackson RR3 guitar
    Boss metal zone pedal
    Roland 30W Cube

Re: Alexi Laiho´s Sound

Alexi uses some crappy preamp that was heavily moded. Get some ENGL preamp and it should get fairly close. I don't think it's that hard to get his tone. It's all in his hands.

Comment

With my 5150 and SD1, I can get a very close Hatebreeder tone. If your after the Alexi tone, crank your mids.

Comment

yeah I believe he used a 5150 on the early records

Comment

Only on the Something Wild album. Then he used a Lee Jackson GP-1000 and a rocktron velocity on Hatebreeder.

Juuso, You should be able to nail Alexi's tone with that Cube 30 without the metal zone.

Comment

haha

no way no how

Comment

His tone changes up a bit from album to album, or so I thought. The only album I own is Follow the Reaper. Crank your mids, drop the lows WAY down and boost the highs a bit too. If you get his guitar tone alone, you'll discover it's nothing great. It's the rest of the band filling him in and fattening up as a whole that make him sound so good.

Comment

Allright, I´ll crank the mids. How much distortion does he use?

Comment

not alot of distortion at all

Comment

lee jackson gp-1000 is like some low gain marshall. try emulating that, and some emg's would help for his present sound

Comment

just find your own sound, its not gonna happen with that equipment.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Allright, I´ll crank the mids. How much distortion does he use?

[/ QUOTE ]
                        You're not gonna get close w/ that gear. Then, cranking the mids won't do it, if you max the mids, you'll most likely have feedback like crazy and you'll sound like Slayer tone wise. Bodom would be more like bass: 7 mid: 6 high: 7.5 treble: 8.5

Comment

you cant just use an EQ on any amp to get anyone's sound. bodom's sound feeds off of a low gain pre-amp, low gain pickups, and an extremely tight and strong pair of guitar players. the heaviness comes from the wrists, not the amp.

Comment

low gain pickups?!?! how old are you?

Comment

J50BC's are very low output bro. i have one on my desk, not a hot pickup whatsoever

Comment

Working...
                              X