Journey Live in Houston 1981 DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey Live in Houston 1981 DVD

I happened to catch the concert on VH1 the other night. I recognized some of the songs from my greatest hits DVD. Popped on Amazon and sure enough, they released the whole thing on DVD. Absolutely amazing and they are all ontop of thier game back then. After watching the DVD the only weak point would be Neal's guitar solo which was nothing more than letting his guitar feed back for a bit and playing a clean thingy that sounded like Wheel in the Sky. Here it is on Amazon. It's only $14.99 and shipping was only $3. You can't go wrong for under $20 and I recommend you get it if you are a Journey fan.

Matt

Re: Journey Live in Houston 1981 DVD

Cool. Always been a fan of Schon's playing.

Comment

That DVD must be great. I've read that it's been remastered by Steve Perry himself

Comment

I got it for Christmas and it is awesome if you are a Journey/Schon fan.

Comment

check out Journey 2001 another display of Schon's skills [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I am going to get the 2001 as well. Steve Perry produced the 1981 DVD. Wonder how much $$$ the boys will see of that ?

Matt

Comment

Steve Perry /Journey need to resolve their issues. they are unmatched force at full strength. JMO
              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
              Amp... Pioneer
              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Yup, Just picked the DVD up last week. Plus it comes with a C.D. of the dvd so you can listen to it in the car......
                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Thread resurrection! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Great concert. IIRC, this was one of the first live concerts shown on MTV back in the 'day. And - 1981! - cool to see Schon with a Les Paul modified with a Floyd! Even back then. Didn't remember that one. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I was never into Journey or Neal Schon until recently. My latest LP purchase dates from that era, so I'm digging out any music (well LP/Marshall based stuff) I can find from the late 70's. I'll have to get our the Foreigner as well.

Comment

I have this DVD. Watched it last nite even (after the UFC). It's absolutely fantastic. They are at the peak of their power and souds killer. S Perry has the most clear voice, he really sounds great. And of course, N Schon is just great all night long.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Journey KICKS ASS!! I saw that on VHC myself and Journey is way better with Steve Perry. I'm not baggin on Steve Augeri, but I just think Steve Perry is better. Why doesn't he try and get back out there?

I'm glad they finally released that concert from 1981. Which leads me to a Van Halen question that I'm gonna posted. Here's the link.

Van Halen Thread

Comment

Steve Perry has done a bunch of interviews recently about this DVD and his split from Journey. Basically, Sony asked him to produce it because Journey was on tour at the time so none of them could do it. Perry isn't on speaking terms with them, which is kinda sad.

Steve's had a bunch of hip problems in recent years and couldn't go on tour, which is what led to the split-up just after they had reunited back in the mid '90s. Anyway, he says that he doesn't want to go back to long-term touring, though he is thinking of finally getting active again on the recording front.

I was not a Journey fan at all back in the day, but I respect their music a little more now, particularly the pre-Escape albums before they got all sappy with the Jonathan Cain ballads and such.

Comment

Working...
                          X