Gary Moore vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Moore vid

Where can I find a Les Paul and set up with that sound. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Slow blues but man he's good. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://youtube.com/w/Still-Got-The-Blues...ch=gary%20moore
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Gary Moore vid

would have been weird to see him as the original Ozzy guitarist..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh yes, Gary Moore [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] But I wouldn't call him a slow blues man [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I love the tone he gets on this song. That solo just sings. So much of his tone is in his left hand [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I love the tone he gets on this song. That solo just sings. So much of his tone is in his left hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to play like him, on his bad day. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Just get a '59 Les Paul and run it through a bluesbreaker reissue combo with a Gov'nor pedal pushing it. That's all you need!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Truly, you can get pretty close with any Paul and a high gain amp. I was playing this tune over the weekend with my bud's Agile 3000 into my V-Amp Pro on the modern high gain setting into a 1x12 cab and I had it sounding pretty damn close.

Of course, it helps to be Gary Moore....much of his tone is in his fingers.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I had a LP Gary Moore.. but not his talent unfortunately..

he's GREAT !!!

Comment

Whoa! Gary is great. His bending and vibrato are unmatched... well, Yngwie comes close. Nice use of dynamics throughout. I think that's Don Airey on keyboards as well.

One thing is for sure... Gary has a serious case of "guitar face" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

He is one of the only guitar players that sounds just as good live as on record.

Comment

He's using a Soldano in this clip.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Just get a '59 Les Paul and run it through a bluesbreaker reissue combo with a Gov'nor pedal pushing it. That's all you need!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Well, I guess 40 years experience behind me might help........lets see.......when I'm 76 years old, I'll be able to nail it down. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"Whoa! Gary is great. His bending and vibrato are unmatched... well, Yngwie comes close."

Yes..both are both very awesome players..but they don't come near Uli in that area...Ulrich is the epitome of feel and vibrato hands down...In my not so humble opinion...OH..Vai too! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Forgot about him. Uli is great!

Comment

I get the goosebumps when I hear Uli...I don't really get that with all other players...I get VERY aroused ..but not the goosebumples.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

usually the tone comes 70% from the fingers.
                            Gary's tone is 90% fingers.

no one attacks the guitar as hard as he, NO ONE.
                            His hands are very tense.
                            He picks as hard as he can and he presses down the strings with his left hand as hard as he can.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I play VERY heavy handed and Gary was indeed a influence..I scuffed John's pup cover in one practice session..oops!

Jeff Waters has the heaviest right hand I've ever seen...he plays till the veins in his head look like they are going to pop! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

You're right tho E...Tone is fingers man...it's in the fingers..

you could put two players and make them play each others shit...and it will still sound like them...you want to sound like Gary , Vai , Uli and ect..you need their hands.

Gary uses a Marshall and a Les Paul mostly...ummm..how many other guitarists use that same combo..I can think of a about a 1000!

Comment

Working...
                              X