Gary Moore vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gary Moore vid

Pretty cool. I would love to hear something with a more modern tone and not in the context of a vocal song.

If anyone has any Uli they can send me, let me know. You could rip a CD and send me a song or two via E-Mail.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Man, I never get tired of that song. That, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of playing with feel. Soulful playing accompanied by a soulful voice. Fuckin' classic!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuck Ya!!!!!!!!
      Nice to see a vid of someone that can shred the shit out of a guitar without resorting to sweeps and tapping, but by just making every note he hits sing!
      Moore is the balls [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      Now that is how to play the blues [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Gary Moore is fucking awesome for sure.

Comment

I LOVE Gary's solo stuff. Unfortunately I really hated him when he joined Thin Lizzy...though he changed the dynamic of the band for the worse.
          But I still listen to his solo stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Gary's tone is fantastic! I love it, it really screams!!!

Comment

I read an interview with Gary once where he said Metallica were trying to reproduce the 'oh pretty woman' lead tone in the studio. And they were trying to nail it by using lots of high tech stuff when all they needed was a marshall bluesbreaker amp, a les paul, and a guvnor pedal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Gary uses a Marshall and a Les Paul mostly...ummm..how many other guitarists use that same combo..I can think of a about a 1000!

[/ QUOTE ]
                Gary has used all kinds of gear over the years. Hamer, Ibanez, Fender, Gibson, Charvel. And it always sounds like Gary.

and re: the left handed thing...... I first noticed that on his Emerald Aisles video back around '84. He's doing a record store appearance and autographing somebody's jeans when I noticed he was signing with his wrong hand! What the...?

I've since found out about a bunch of other southpaws playing righty.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I read an interview with Gary once where he said Metallica were trying to reproduce the 'oh pretty woman' lead tone in the studio. And they were trying to nail it by using lots of high tech stuff when all they needed was a marshall bluesbreaker amp, a les paul, and a guvnor pedal.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is classic. Of course, Kirk Hamster is never gonna sound like Gary...you have to use VIBRATO. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike

Comment

I just don't understand, Hamster was a huge SRV and Schenker fan and a student of Satch and never learend how to play finger vibrato.

Kirk's lead tone is kinda thin, he has awsome amps but he uses guitars with high output EMGs mostly, total Blasphemy and then soaks everything with wah.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I just don't understand, Hamster was a huge SRV and Schenker fan and a student of Satch and never learend how to play finger vibrato.

Kirk's lead tone is kinda thin, he has awsome amps but he uses guitars with high output EMGs mostly, total Blasphemy and then soaks everything with wah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the wah totally blows. I hate his solos. Metallica's rhythms rule though.

Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        for Mike

The Scorpions - The Sails Of Charon
                        http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17...J128WJPORETU89

[/ QUOTE ]

What a kickass song! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Yeah, the wah totally blows. I hate his solos. Metallica's rhythms rule though.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          it's funny you should say that. I was in a shop at my local shopping centre last night and they were playing some Metallica song. I can't remember the song, it's been a long time since I listened to the band, but it seemed to be a mellow instrumental (or a very long interlude). The song started to pick up in intensity with some very cool rhythm guitar. And that thin reedy tone, out of tune bends and horrible warbly vibrato lays over the top of this cool backing track. It was awful. I lay awake for hours afterwards.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X