Van Halen playing Lespaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Halen playing Lespaul

Hi people.. al lot o time passed since my last post on this board..

I'm looking for a pic of Ed playing his striped and floyded les paul.. Someone can help me?

thanx!

Re: Van Halen playing Lespaul

Whoa! Never saw him play one like that

Comment

I've never seen a pic of him playing that - isn't that a TransTrem though?
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I believe the trem on that is a Stienberger design.

Comment

Yeah, it's a trans-trem. I don't believe he ever really "played" it, other than trying it out a little when it was sent to him. I believe he received it from Gibson as their effort to sign him after he left Kramer....

Comment

the only LP I ever saw him play was the custom mini one he had made up for Little Guitars. that was pretty fuckin cool.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

In one of the Les Paul tributes - I seem to remember seeing on PBS, Les himself gave Eddie that guitar or one similiar and then they jammed. I had that on VHS but lost it in a move. I seem to remember Ed being bummed about Les "Frankensteining" that guitar, and not being original. Odd, considering what Ed does to guitars...

Bill

Comment

Ed played les pauls on tour. There are several pics of him playing a lp custom live in the 70s/early 80s.
                Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

But not the one pictured above............
                  "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Les Paulinstein hahahahhahh thats a wicked les paul

Comment

Best I could find

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I was trying my hand at playing some early EVH with my '77 Custom. It sounded killer, but I couldn't quite pull of the whammy tricks LOL!

Comment

just bend the neck... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I do this on my old guitar but I don't have the testes to chance it on my LP (or my slatqh for that matter). [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Maybe just a tiny-bit...

There are some great pictures of VH with LPs I saw recently else-where but not the striped thing that started the thread. I'll see if I can go get them.

Edit: (add links to EVH + LP pics)

http://www.gibson.ru/img/lpc55.jpg

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/817...58burst7ly.jpg

http://www.vintagekramer.com/Ed/studio1.jpg

I spoke too soon, one of these has the striped LPC in it.

Comment

No stripes but cool pics...

Comment

check the bell bottom pants in that black and white one there, that's too funny! we forget they started in the 1970's. that's a killer pic.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X