Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some new stuff to,listen to...any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some new stuff to,listen to...any ideas?

This past year or so I have mostly been listening to:
    Opeth (as usual)
    Blood Red Throne
    Darkane
    Psychroptic
    Decapitated
    Yyrkoon
    Mastodon
    Burst
    Red Harvest
    Gojira
    Biomechanical
    can't really categorize, but usually I listen to technical death type bands, or slightly off the wall or progressive stuff that is still in the extreme metal end of things. Not a black metal fan. Biomechanical would be the odd one out from the above list, as they are closer to power metal, which I don't like much usually. What else is out there that you have found?

Re: Need some new stuff to,listen to...any ideas?

try listening to some classic stuff, like ozzy, sabbath, Van Halen, Triumph, Priest, Zep, stuff like that. Sometimes i go from extreme to the other end of the spectrum. it keeps things nice a balanced

Comment

I just discovered a band called Balance Of Power. They are great musicians. I also like Hellfueled alot. If you like Ozzy/Zak this is the band for you. Killer stuff.

Comment

Try some of these bands...

Gorguts - Technical death metal with an emphasis on rhythmic patterns. Get Obscura. You'll probably hate it the first time through, but you'll grow to love it. It also pisses off ANYONE that can't stand death metal.

Atheist. Progressive death / thrash metal. Obtain their records immediately.

Coroner. Technical thrash. Obtain immediately.

If you like Opeth, you should check out Agalloch. I used to love Opeth, then I heard Agalloch and stopped really listening to Opeth.

Edge Of Sanity is another Opeth killer. Check them out as well. Crimson II is quality for that Opeth-type music.

Necrophagist is getting pretty popular. They're pretty technical as well.

Rapid fire section because I'm too lazy to type anymore, all of these bands are great..
        Death
        Origin
        Severed Savior
        Spawn Of Possession
        Suffocation
        Yattering

Comment

Oh yes, definitely try some death albums. If you want progressive, check out 'sound of perseverence' by them

Comment

Well thanks everyone..
            I'm old!!! So I must say I'm very familiar with Coroner, Atheist, Death, Edge of Sanity (underrated band), Necrophagist, Suffocation and so on

I'm off to check out Balance of Power, Agalloch (sounds cool), Yattering. Some of the other bands I know the names for a time but I have never checked them out, so now I will (Spawn of Possesion, Gorguts, Origin...)
            Thanks!

Comment

Susperia, especially their second album, Vindication. I think of them as "Testament meets Death" or something to that effect. Vindication is one of my favorite metal albums.
              sigpic

Comment

What about expanding your horizons and listening to another style of music?
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim & PAV make a good point. Variety is the spice of life, & sometimes for me if I just stick to the heavy stuff it loses some of the impact. That's just me, though. Having said that, you might also want to check out:

Arsis
                  Quo Vadis
                  Between the Buried & Me

Comment

Tim and Dg:

Hey like I said, I'm old!!! I aside from cd's, I have tons of vinyl even!

I have lots of:
                    Clasic rock (zeppelin, sabbath, ac/dc, purple, boston, neil young, stones, dead, floyd, rush, santana, tons of zappa, tons of alice cooper, allmann brothers and more)

80's metal (ozzy, priest, van halen, ratt, scorpions, maiden, king diamond, dio, whitesnake, crue, dokken, etc)

80's thrash (testament , forbidden, sacred reich, nuclear assault, metallica, slayer, megadeth, watchtower & fates warning (not thrash of course)

grunge: pearl jam, soundgarden, alice in chains, nirvana, stp, chili peppers, screaming trees...

alternative: cure, ministry, janes addiction, bauhaus, siouxie, peter murphy, and some other mixed stuff

I have soul2soul, everlast, abba, b-52s, bryan adams, tony rice, alison kraus/union station, norman blake, john denver, tragically hip, xtc, jim carrol band, the alarm, u2, csny, sheryl crow, king's x, tool, buddy guy, boards of canada, enigma, alan hovhaness, bach and shitloads more.
                    I have seen many bands from every of the above bunches.

Metal is my #1, the heavier the better, thats a constant, but dont worry, I listen to many other things. I have been playing guitar and listening to music for a long time.

PS thanks dg, quo vadis are based not far from me, they play here practically monthly. Actually they are playing here in Feb.

Comment

Symphony X and Nevermore.

Comment

Any Death from Human to Sound of Perserverence is my favorite!! Blow your mind away!! LITERALLY!!
                        Also if your into prog/tech metal and never heard Cynic, Io'm sorry but you've been lost!! Note that it is their only album!
                        As far as some bands that are new, or still around that are SICK! You gotta get some Quo Vadis!! Get Defiant Imagination! It's fast though!
                        If want want something insane, but still technical, and musically awesome try some Burning Inside!!
                        I love admins!

Comment

classical music always does it for me...
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Coroner. Technical thrash. Obtain immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES YES YES.
                            May sound a bit dated today, but a solid thrash trio with excellent guitarist. I used to be very into this band.

Comment

Dont know maybe you already have these but my suggestions: soilwork, arch enemy, mars volta, zakk wylde...

Comment

Working...
                              X