X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince

on SNL

http://www.youtube.com/w/prince?v=ho...&search=prince
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Prince

killer. thanks!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

One of the best song I've seen by him yet.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Great stuff

Comment

My Guitar Gently Weeps with bunch of other guys.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Tom-Petty%2C-Je...prince%20guitar

He plays the second solo
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That "While My Guitar", I believe, is from a George Harrison tribute show. Excellent!

I caught only half of one of the Prince songs, and I thought it was great.

Comment

I personally don`t care for his regular music, but I have seen him jam out and he is a very good guitarist, I can`t deny that. Jack.

Comment

I saw Prince last night on SNL as well and I thought he was damn good. Good song and good licks. I didn't catch the 2nd song. What was it?

The chicks dancing with him on stage weren't bad either... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, he was showing that guitar who was in control! Lots of energy and feel going on there. I'll agree with "Slayer" in that I don't normally care much for Prince's regular music, but that was a cool song he did on SNL. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was cool as well.

Can anybody play the intro the "When Doves Cry"? That's some crazy stuff.

Comment

That was killer.Lots of chops, great trem action and a great song too.I always thought he was great a little odd but very talented.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Prince can play, While My Guitar was done the night he was inducted into the RRHF. He kills on the songs he did of his own that night as well.

Comment

he was on fire playing...knocked me on my ass...really like that song with his playing...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Can anybody play the intro the "When Doves Cry"? That's some crazy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, all you need is a 'jews harp' [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

J/K - Prince is an amazing artist....never seen these before. Thanks!
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Good song, nice phrasing. He was sloppy on the last run when the song was ending which is unusual for Prince.
                            Nice guitar too. Prince is cool.

Comment

I live in Minneapolis. Went to one of his concerts and it was nothing like what he played on SNL or While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
                              The concert sucked.

But I agree - he can play and the SNL tune was the best I have seen him play. Kind of shocking compared to the music he usually writes.

He use to own the Quest - a club in town here. He use to be in there occasionally. He walked by me one night - very petite dude.
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X