Tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tool?

I didn't liked Tool at first either but they started to grow on me (slowly) and now I'm a big fan. It is pretty usual with those weird/prog/concept bands. The bass player has some serious groove and Adam Jones is a very cool gtr player IMHO, he bought back 60's/70's psychdelic riffs only in a new form.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Is everyone really that in-love with tool? I find them very boring to listen to, unless you just listen to the drumming. Danny is probally one of the best rock drummers out there right now (scratch probally, he is one of the best) but the guitar, bass and vocals just seem to draaag.

Then again, I like riffing over anything else [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want to be in love with Tool?

Throw Aenima or Lateralus in the CD player, smoke a doobie, turn out the lights, and crank the stereo.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Is everyone really that in-love with tool? I find them very boring to listen to, unless you just listen to the drumming. Danny is probally one of the best rock drummers out there right now (scratch probally, he is one of the best) but the guitar, bass and vocals just seem to draaag.

Then again, I like riffing over anything else [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want to be in love with Tool?

Throw Aenima or Lateralus in the CD player, smoke a doobie, turn out the lights, and crank the stereo.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">agreed, I love this stuff, it's "different" and in this case, different is good- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

they are great & live they sound incredible.

Comment

Stinkfist, H...
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

I like their vibe/feel, but they're to slow for me!!
              I love admins!

Comment

one interesting thing about Tool is that most of their songs have only ONE recorded guitar track and it is mixed to CENTER (no panning) and it sounds very powerfull. Well David Bottrill is a genius producer and engineer but it's still amazing how powerfull they can be with only one track.

Just Adam Jones and his Diezel VH-4, sometimes they add a vintage Marshall and some solid state amp, I think they use some signal splitter for that. That's it.

Live he uses his VH-4 with a Marshall and also has a Recto for backup but he needs only ONE setting, all the different tones are made with the guitar's volume and tone controll, pickups and Adam's hands.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

So does anyone have any idea if they have a new CD inthe works? Waiting for the last one for 5 fucking years, really sucked, and it's now been 5 years since Lateralus was released. It's about damn time they gave me the fix I need.

Comment

I went to the Tool site, and here is a partial quote from the bio for Adam:

"It has only been through the last nine years, however, that Adam has begun to explore the full potentials of projecting his thoughts and emotions through Tool's songs, videos, and album artwork. Sometimes in this environment, Adam is able to achieve a state of synesthesia where playing guitar invokes visions and images to appear before him and making videos, sketching, or sculpting creates auditory hallucinations of riffs and music."

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Maynard HAD to have written that... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Yeah, he's a character for sure.

Looks like the new CD is due out around May. Can't bloody wait.

Comment

Yeah, according to their site, the record is being mastered as we speak or even possibly done, who knows.

Tool isnt a band nor concert, they are an experience. If you don't get them now, you never will.

I, for one, will buy the cd as soon as it comes out [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I am one of the few people who like Tool a lot without being obssesed with them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I am one of the few people who like Tool a lot without being obssesed with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am with you.
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I'm not obsessed with them either, but they are one of my favourite bands.

Comment

Working...
                                X