Comment

Re: Buckethead Instore Hollywood Sun 2/12

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        So who is he really? Anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're good Pebber!
        I amm gonna ask you ALL my questions from here on out!
        [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Buckethead is not anyone other than himself. I've seen him without the mask and my friend has spoken to him without the mask. His name is Brian Carrol.

Comment

man I coulda sworn he had some deformity.
            he's sooooooo fucking wierd.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You're good Pebber!
              I amm gonna ask you ALL my questions from here on out!
              [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, I just typed buckethead in google [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, his fingers are freakishly long!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  So who is he really? Anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, I just typed buckethead in google

[/ QUOTE ]

And got a red X?
                  [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Geocities doesn't allow direct-linking, Sir Newb Of Vlaanderen) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

hey Ron.. we never heard of Geocities direct linking policy in Belgium [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].. I knew you would know Vlaanderen tho [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but I agree, his fingers are long [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], btw, did you get the chance to see him?

Comment

Yeah, bump for review!

Comment

I'd seen that dude around, but never checked him out.
                        >link<
                        Definately a "unique individual." lol
                        |My CSG gallery|
                        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

OK so I get to Tower at 2:45, an employee walks up to the car and asks if I am here to see Buckethead or if I am here to shop. I replied "Well, I'm gonna buy some things, and then hopefully see Buckethead" (which was true) - wrong answer! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] "Sir, we are asking those folks to park at our other lot across the street there" Already I see a long line of peeps snaking through the parking lot. I should've said "Bucket-who?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hate freaking parking in LA! I'm used to the suburbs where there is plenty of parking and it's free. Oh well, so in the other lot you have to go through this hassle with paying this machine in advance, then it gives you a reciept, Damn it was slow. Finally walk back over to the store and wait in line with Buckethead geeks. At least the weather was great, like 80 degrees and sunny. Entry forms were handed out, apparently they were giving away a guitar also. "What model guitar?" I wondered aloud. Getting no answer, I slipped the form under some chump's windshield wiper. I figure it was gonna be some cheap POS, probably made in China [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

So we all file in to the middle of the store where there is a stage set up, we all wait pressed up together practically. Finally at 3:24 PM here he comes, he is carrying his white Les Paul w/ no inlays, 24 frets, kinda beat up, and playing through a Mesa Triple Rec and a buncha rack stuff. There was a drum set and a bass cab there also, but no other musicians yet. He's wearing the yellow rain-slicker thingie and an old bucket (with a FUNERAL sticker on it) and of course the white mask.

Comment

OK so he starts up a backing track and starts soloing over it...the crowd goes wild! After a few minutes he starts doing the robot, yeah making those robot moves....he even put down the guitar and did the robot for a couple minutes...crowd goes wild. Then a drummer and bassplayer come on the stage and start playing along; Buckethead picks the LP back up and plays with his live band, meedley meedley. Seems pretty talented but it was a lot of wankery IMO and some oddball snippets (Over The Rainbow, Row Row Row Your Boat, etc). After a couple tunes he puts down the guitar again and picks up....wait for it....

a pair of nunchakus! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] So he does the nunchaku thing for about 30 seconds...crowd goes wild...I'm thinking hmmm that's different...another 20 minutes of playing (guitar) and he stops and does the robot again and picks up a bucket (full of CDs and toys) and robotically starts chucking them into the audience. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

He performed for a total of 42 minutes, waved goodbye, and walked behind the backdrop thing. BTW I saw a couple mullets in the crowd. Then some other dude announces if you want Buckethead's autograph, you have to go back outside and line up again, then he announces the winner for the guitar. People start drifting away, and I go shopping. Guitar turns out to be one of those Epi PeeVee things [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] -- $150 POS Made in China [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] mini Flying V which is notorious for not staying in tune. I went up to the winner and told him that, then directed him to Harmony Central User Reviews, where I recalled a couple guys had a fix for that problem (no it was not burning the "guitar"). The "winner" really appreciated this info and shook my hand.

Then I bought a couple metal mags and a book and got a token for $1 off parking (thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) and walked on out. After another hassle with the parking machine, I drove to East Hollywood and had a great meal at a new Thai restaurant - yum! (They also charged for parking: $1)

Comment

So now after such a life changing experience, I can only assume you've gone on to be a Bucket head fanboy now ehh?

Sucks, you can't even follow him on tours as he doesnt exactly do much of that..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                So now after such a life changing experience, I can only assume you've gone on to be a Bucket head fanboy now ehh?

Sucks, you can't even follow him on tours as he doesnt exactly do much of that..

[/ QUOTE ]??? His tour started this week and goes thru june. 41 shows. I will see him at wakarusa, for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                                Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X