Black Dahlia Murder 8/02/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Dahlia Murder 8/02/06

Saw these guys last night, they were tight as fuck. All the songs seemed slightly slower than on the CD tho... They'd just gotten a new drummer. If they werent taking the piss, he's called Pierre and he was a very good drummer.
    Got to hang out with Trevor for a few mins afterwards too and I overheard him answering a guy's question about why they got rid of Zach. The guy said "Was he not good enough? Did he have personal problems? Was he just a dick?" and Trevor, probably just being diplomatic and not wanting to talk shit about ex bandmates just said "A combination of all three".
    I dont know the guitarists names! Sorry!
    The one with the curly/frizzy hair was playing a black ESP maple necked superstrat. Two hum (I think) and a floyd, and using a XXX head I think. The other guitarist was playing some mad custom ESP. It was a rounded Rhoads, like what a Flying V is to a King V, black, binding, and block inlays (bad memory) with 2 hums and a floyd, and the same slightly bent gibson lollypop headstocl thats on Rob Flynn's ESP.
    Overall, a good gig.

James

Re: Black Dahlia Murder 8/02/06

Cool. I still haven't picked up their second cd yet. I love the first one. One of their old videos, one of the guys played a Jackson, now they're endorsed by ESP.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Aye, and the other guy played a right oddball LP copy - Maple neck and a floyd!
      Their second CD is a bit different to their first, the melodies arent as present but its a grower.

James

Comment

Sounds good. I'll have to pick it up soon.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They got rid of Zach? Fuck. That guy was insane on the skins.

Comment

Im pretty sure 99.999% they did mate. The new guys almost as good. Although apparently Zach wasnt as good as he seemed...

James

Comment

The new drummer is ridiculously good, I post over at the Derek Roddy message board (death metal drummer central) and he has posted some videos of himself doing non-metal drumming, that guy is UNBELIEVABLE. His double bass is faster and cleaner than Zach's as well, but Zach is still a machine.

Comment

He's called Pierre or something isnt he?
                DEREK!!!! Dont get me started on Derek!!! Im virtually stalking that guy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

pretty cool band..saw em live twice and have both their albums..by far not the greatest in the genre ..but they have my respect.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X