Y&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y&T

Anyone ever get into Y&T? I just got done seeing the Summer Time Girls video on good ol' Metal Mania.

I really dug em back in the day.

Re: Y&T

I have never seen a metal band sing so well live...Those guys live could harmonize and sing like it was nothing...I saw them open-up for Crue once and was late to the show...From the outside of the arena, you would have sworn it was the PA playing music from a disc/tape!

And I really liked them a lot...Dave M. has a pretty unique style/tone

Comment

I love Y&T but for some reason I didn't care for them in the 80s. When I listen to their stuff today I tend to think they were probably one of the better bands to emerge from that 80s hair metal genre. Great great songs.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I've always liked 'em, even if they never were succesfull in europe. Earthshaker is an all time classic!

Comment

those guys weren't a hair metal band to start with - they were a great band before any of the 80's hair stuff ever began.

and yes, i'm a big fan.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

True Tim. They're like the godfathers of hair metal. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I've always liked 'em, even if they never were succesfull in europe. Earthshaker is an all time classic!

[/ QUOTE ]

The LP that changed my life!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Saw em live more than any other band....over 10 times.
              Met em.
              Shot pics of em.
              Was in a vid.

They kick ASS!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
              Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

They are an incredible band. I was listening to the live album on the way to work this morning. Meniketti has an incredible voice and a great touch on the guitar. The vocal harmonies on the live stuff will blow you away. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I remember Y&T Earthshaker on FM radio in 81' I thought at first it was Hagar, cause the voices were similar. Then when I learned it was Y&T - went out & got that cassette, was I the only one who got fooled & thought it was Sammy Hagar? I did like their early 80's.............Earthshaker,
                  Black Tiger, Meanstreak..........

Comment

I only got their Mean Streak cassette back in the day. Now I gotta dig that out and see if it isn't warped. LOL I really liked some of their other tunes, but never bought any other albums. Guess I should redisover them and pick some cds of theirs up next time I'm in the record store.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

oddly enough i've just been downloading a load of their albums omn my eternal quest for the the soul of 80's metal ...i'll give them a listen and get back to you - i know thy were on the hear n aid thing - i like the guys voice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

joe - the live album is amazing - that is a great one to get acquainted with.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Cool. I'll definitely have to check it out.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            those guys weren't a hair metal band to start with - they were a great band before any of the 80's hair stuff ever began.and yes, i'm a big fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, they were Yesterday n Today in the mid 70's.
                            We were doing covers of their stuff in the garage/shed
                            (yes, I literally had woodshed practices in my early days)
                            like '77, well before hair days.

I just listened to Contagious the other day, still going strong.

Comment

"Contagious" is one of my favorite albums from the 80's! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X