Y&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Y&T

I just watched the Contagious video the other day on one of my old VHS tapes. I like that song.

Comment

Lipstick and Leather.Ah,the good ol days [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I have a copy of their Live in San Francisco video concert. Great stuff!

Comment

They have a kick ass version of Your Mamma Don't Dance.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I listen to them quite frequntly.Y&T ten is a good release.
            Red hot and ready,hard times come to mind.I saw them open for Santana in 76.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I like everything (well, not everything) up to Mean Streak. After that I thought they put out commercial crap that wasn't true to what they were capable of.

Meniketti has a great voice and is a great guitarist. However, I can't stand songs like Summertime Girls, 25 Hours a Day, Lipstick and Leather, and Barroom Boogie. I think those are more like Doctor Demento or Weird Al songs.

My first concert was in 1983 with Dokken, Y&T, and Dio. Living in the Bay Area, it was hard not to see them live tons of times. I even saw them open for Maiden on the Somewhere in Time tour. And with Laaz Rockit and Armored Saint. And at Day on the Green with Metallica, Ratt, Scorpions, etc. In 1988 when I graduated from high school I worked briefly with a sound a lighting company that did a lot of Y&T's sound for Bay Area shows. I used to see Meniketti shopping at Tower Records back in the day and my friend worked at a pizza parlor that Dave visited every friday night.

Comment

love 'em! Still have my old cassettes & Mean Streak on vinyl (really gotta get my turntable fixed). I've said it before & I'll say it again, Meniketti's vocals were the best in that whole Hear'n'Aid session. And that the down-the-neck aspect for Dave's solo on the Mean Streak video was awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I've always liked Y&T a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] If you want to start listening to them, the Best Of '81-'85 CD is a good one to start with. I have a hard time finding some of the older LPs on CD.

I agree with Venom that their early stuff was the best, but I think that even when they switched gears and went more commercial/mainstream, they were still better than most of the "other" hairbands of the time. I also agree that they were unfairly thrown into the "hair-metal" genre of the time.

Meniketti was a kick @$$ guitar player, and as others have stated, his singing was top-notch too. The band harmonized pretty good too. Hell, they were just awesome...we'll leave it at that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I just got done seeing the Summer Time Girls video on good ol' Metal Mania.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! saw that on MM this weekend.

Comment

Best of 81-85. Got it - Love it!

Great band.
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Fuck yeah, i just found out that Y&T are playing her ein Denver with Ron keel in april!!!

Mean streak!!!

Comment

I like Barroom Booogie......

".....but you ARE home."

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I have never seen a metal band sing so well live...Those guys live could harmonize and sing like it was nothing...I saw them open-up for Crue once and was late to the show...From the outside of the arena, you would have sworn it was the PA playing music from a disc/tape!

And I really liked them a lot...Dave M. has a pretty unique style/tone

[/ QUOTE ]

Might have sounded like a tape because it was ....

Not saying Y&T did this but I worked sound for many concerts in the '80s and background vocals on DAT were a staple. Warent was 100% DAT BG vocals. I don't this the other guys mics were even turned on becuse we never did a level check on them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I yes I like Y&T !!!!

Comment

I liked Y&T quite a bit. They sure went through changes in direction as they went along. "Summertime Girls" sounds nothing like the stuff of "Mean Streak". I'm not saying it's worse, just the guys had different musical phases in their career. And Meniketti is a very good singer and guitarist.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Mean Streak kicks ass!

Comment

Working...
                                X