Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Y&T

[ QUOTE ]

And at Day on the Green with Metallica, Ratt, Scorpions, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there!!! That was a kick ass show at Oakland Stadium. Victory, Yngwie Malmsteen, Metallica, Y&T, Ratt, and the Scorpions. Man, what a day! By the way, the stadium photo on the back of Metallica's Master of Puppets was taken at that concert.

-Mark

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I've always liked Y&T a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] If you want to start listening to them, the Best Of '81-'85 CD is a good one to start with. I have a hard time finding some of the older LPs on CD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this Website recently and you can get a lot of their old stuff on CD.

-Mark

Comment

Yeah and what sucks is that Century Media and other metal labels is re-issuing all kinds of metal ..well because it's "cool" again..

why does that suck..well it doesn't really..

but it sure in the hell sucked when I paid 40 bucks a pop for all the Y&T Japanese imports up to Ten..that'll leave a mark!

what does suck is paying THAT much for the import..just so that in a couple years it will be remastered and with tons of bonus shit..sometimes they put out 2 on 1 cds..for 12 bucks..oh fuck me!

They did that to me with all the Candlemass/Loudness/TNT/Black N Blue/Arch Enemy and ect..oh well, that's the breaks I guess.

Bill Z Bub

Oh BTW Dave Meniketti's solo stuff is great...very blusey..kinda like 90's Gary Moore. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BTW again..Century Media now stocks ALL the old Stormwitch stuff and some old Y & T for 12 bucks a pop...there ya go. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Bill, where'd you find old Balck N Blue stuff? All I've been able to find is the "greatest hits" collection and Nasty Nasty. I'd really like to find the first two if possible...

Comment

I have all of Y&T's stuff from '76 up to the 'Unearthed' releases in '04. It's all kickass stuff. Funny thing is, when James Hetfield was a young punk in "Leather Charm" in the Bay area back in that day, his favorite bands were Motley Crue and Y&T.... true!

Classic Metal will live forever!

Comment

Noe, hey man the first two were going for up to 200 bucks a pop on Ebay..WOW!!...but now they are re-issued..the first one is my fave..I believe they are only 15 bucks ea..very cool!

try www.centurymedia.com or call them like I do to confirm that it is in stock, because I hate waiting for back orders..ph# 1-800-250-4600 ...they have the first two that you want!!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bill, I will try to track these down when I get home tonight. Here's one for the info [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know if anyone put a link to Y&T summertime girls & all American Boy but here they are: But I think you do need Windows Media Player?, I like the UFO Lights out w/Schenker & Sabbath's Children of Grave, have to play on guitar at least once a day. on last link.
                  http://24.104.40.88/MetalZone/y&tsummertime.wmv

http://24.104.40.88/MetalZone/y&tallamerica.wmv

http://www.1077thebone.com/jocks/ste...rockvideos.asp

Comment

I love Y&T. I always thought Dave had one of the best rock voices, around. Mean Streak was one of the first songs I ever performed. Well, that and Loudness - Rock And Roll Crazy Nights......lol.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

"M-Z-A"...does anyone know what that means? I've never been able to figure out what Loudness was yelling these letters for [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Mazda-(datsun 240)Z-Accura

Its all about product placement

Comment

Saw them last year with Tigertailz and Skid Row... pretty good stuff, but to be honest, there was actually too mich "guitar playing" going on!! It seemed like every song had an extra solo spot stuck on the end...

Tigertailz ruled, by the way... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Steve.

Comment

Hey..I got a mint ..out of print Tigertailz cd I could part with.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X