New Guitar World w/ R. Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar World w/ R. Rhoads

has anyone read the new Guitar World? It's got "tribute" section with some pretty cool articles about Randy. Some of it I've seen before ( like the Max Norman article) but there's an excerpt from Rudy Sarzo's book that's very interesting, and an interview with Bob Daisley that's pretty cool also. Definitely worth picking up.

BUT....

There's yet another interview with Kelly Garny in there. I've read articles with him before that struck me as weird, but this one is WAY weird. He's talking about a time when he and Rhoads were in a fistfight, and said that Randy raked a long thumbnail across his forehead in the fight. He then proceeds to say Randy broke the thumbnail off during the fight, and that he "found it on the floor the next day, and I kept it. I still have it to this day. Me and Kevin DuBrow joke that we're going to clone Randy from the DNA on his thumbnail".
    Maybe it's just me, but it's seems MIGHTY weird to keep somebody's thumbnail.... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

But the magazine is worth picking up anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: New Guitar World w/ R. Rhoads

Well, they were best friends, and friends sometimes hang onto those sorts of things to remind them of a given time - like the worst fight you've ever had with your best friend.
    Long after the scars heal, you'll have something tangible to remind you of it.

Or he could just be sick [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

is that really the new one? I got that issue over a month ago

Comment

I just saw it any picked it up, so it's new to me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Screw if it's weird or not, when are they making a Randy clone! How cool would that be? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the June 1987 Randy tribute GW issue and its still readable to this day. I havn't checked out the new issue yet...........mostly because they seal all the good mags in plastic and you have to watch your back if you remove the mag from the plastic sleeve. I'm gonna buy it. It would be neat to have a Randy tribute issue almost 20 years later to compare to my old one.

Comment

HEY JON!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That poster in there is pretty cool. Nice shot of his pedalboard.

Comment

Cool issue, really brought me back. I got tickets to the show for my bday (3/16) and he died 3 days later. I saw the show with a shaved headed Ozzy and Bernie Torne. It was a great show but it didn't seem right without Randy...
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

i don't think the max norman article is a reprint, it's a nice issue for sure.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I can't believe that fat douche says she fucked Randy...I don't believe it for a second.
                      Hear the universe scream
                      Bleeding from black holes
                      Whom horns careless
                      And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I can't believe that fat douche says she fucked Randy...I don't believe it for a second.

[/ QUOTE ]

No shit. I've seen far too many pictures of Randy hanging out with hot chicks in bikinis. Why would he bang a walrus instead?

Comment

Even if she did fuck him...Why mention it now? Gee...wasn't it at the same time as he was inducted into the rockwalk?
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I like the poster i have up on my wall behind my computer.

That article is really werid, I think he also said that he shot a gun off at randy!!!!!! He almost killed randy rhoads!

Comment

Good thing he didn't kill him, it would have ruined that pilots fifteen minutes of fame. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

That Kelly guy is a joke to me. Move on dude, if you were too shitty for Kevin DuBrow...take the hint. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There were some great shots of Randy, a few I had never seen before. The pedalboard pic was very cool. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X