Help Megadeth design a new mascot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Megadeth design a new mascot.

Anyone heard of this yet? Dave is retiring old Vic Rattlehead, and has a contest going to design a new mascot. Thw top 3 get autographed ESP guitars. Probably that hideous abortion they call the Axxion.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Help Megadeth design a new mascot.

That is the gayest thing I have ever heard of. Why the hell would you want to replace something as cool as Vic?

Comment

I think the contest is over.

I think whoever designs the mascot is getting the shaft. Here's a character that will be used over and over in promotions, record covers, shirts, ads, etc and all you get is a LTD guitar. That's what, like $800? Not enough compensation by far for that type of work for a band that's well known.

Comment

Rust In Piece, Vic Rattlehead. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

That sucks. Vic was cool. And yeah, seems to me the designer is getting screwed.

Comment

Well I'm sure people are willing to do it, whether there's a prize or not. I mean, just to have your artwork as their main logo from now on, is a cool enough treat. But then yeah, the 2nd and 3rd place winners will be the ones getting pwnd.

Comment

thats like michelin retiring the michelin man or mcdonads retireing ronald or or anthrax retiring the NOT man (oh wait they already did - but at least they got the NOT man line up back)
              or like angus young not wearing the school boy outfit.

its just not right.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I isn't the death of Vic. It's a re-design of Vic. My wife sent me a link on CNN for it.

[ QUOTE ]
                Design Vic Rattlehead!
                (CNN) -- Vic Rattlehead must be getting old.

Rattlehead, the longtime mascot for the heavy metal band Megadeth, is about to undergo a little cosmetic surgery at the request of frontman Dave Mustaine. And the opportunity to do a little drawing (and quartering) is open to millions of artists.

"I created the first Vic Rattlehead, and now it's your turn," Mustaine said in a press release.

The contest is open to members of deviantART.com (www.deviantart.com), "online home to the largest group of artists in the world," by its own description. The prizes include three Dave Mustaine Signature Serious electric guitars from ESP.

Deadline for the contest is Tuesday, February 14.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Occupy JCF

Comment

mustaine thought up the idea but had an artisttake his idea and actually bring vic to life.

I love dave mustaine and megadeth, but I have a feeling dave probably isn't getting along with the artist that gets royalties off of vic's appearances and is getting rid of vic the way he gets rid of band mates all the time :\

Comment

I'm not saying whoever redesigns Vic should get royalties. They should be compensated fairly. A LTD guitar is not fair compensation for a band of this popularity and visibility.

Comment

I think it should be me...

why not..

gimme some money dammit (><)!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'm not saying whoever redesigns Vic should get royalties. They should be compensated fairly. A LTD guitar is not fair compensation for a band of this popularity and visibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] yeah what he said....

Comment

I'm curious about Mike Learn's thoughts on this.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I'm curious about Mike Learn's thoughts on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Tekky? I know he did the last CD art, but how else is he involved. Pardon my ignorance in advance.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Basically that. It would be interesting to see what he'd come up with.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X