Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Megadeth design a new mascot.

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a feeling dave probably isn't getting along with the artist that gets royalties off of vic's appearances and is getting rid of vic the way he gets rid of band mates all the time :\

[/ QUOTE ]
    Speaking of, the bass player, Jimmy MacDonough, just left. James Lomenzo (White Lion, Pride & Glory, Black Label Society) is now the new bass player. Wonder how long he'll last. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mike or most any accomplished artist would be able to make it look beyond cool, and I would love to see their vision. But like stated especially for someone with Mike's credibility and talent, money talks. They are probably looking for some very talented fan who would be willing to do it for the exposure. Kind of like when Korn had fans design the Issues cd cover.

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time Mustaine has taken advantage (business wise) of a fan.
        "POOP"

Comment

How about a giant penis representing how much of a dick Dave can be? Don't get me wrong, I think Peace Sells is one of the greatest guitar albums ever made, and I pretty much dug everything up to Youthnasia. I love what the guy did for metal back in his day but he can be such an ass.
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

Paul that is a GREAT Idea...who better to be the giant penis than myself!!

I'm already a dick..I got that down..lots of practice..the art of dickdom ain't easy..

now let me get paid for being the dick that I am!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

a giant penis with pursed lips for a urethra.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I'm a graphic designer and I have tons of friends that are illustrators. This kind of contest crap is very lame. Iron Maiden having a contest to design a one off Xmas card doesn't bother me. A business like Megadeth who has someone design a very important part of their brand being used over and over for a LTD that ESP is probably donating, so there's no cost to Megadeth, is just plain lame. Hey Dave, will you write songs for the soundtrack to my movie? I'll give you a Hondo in a gig bag.

Comment

I'm sure he'll write a really great song for that Hondo....

Comment

Well, according to experts in the Mascot Biz...Vic better be "huggable"..... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I present "Reason No. 8":

http://www.mascots.com/7reasons.htm

I mean, you don't want some scary skeleton guy walking around who isn't huggable, do you? [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      How about a giant penis representing how much of a dick Dave can be? Don't get me wrong, I think Peace Sells is one of the greatest guitar albums ever made, and I pretty much dug everything up to Youthnasia. I love what the guy did for metal back in his day but he can be such an ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      +1
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

How cheap ia that an LTD, at least a ESP I mean they are saving tons of money doing this. Why not outsource the cover art to China?

Comment

Working...
                        X